Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
oishari

My First Rendering With Kurecolor And Prismacolor

hello. im a 2nd year product design student and we just learned product rendering

i would really like to get your critique/advice/comments on my work :)

it is 1/4 illustration board size, kinda big, so i couldnt scan it. Just took pics instead therefore the lighting is uneven

full post on my blog: http://oishari.blogs...and-prisma.html

post-59594-0-96736200-1358232946_thumb.jpg

post-59594-0-48999400-1358232968_thumb.jpg

Wow, this is great. Especially for a second year. I am sure you have a put a large amount of time to put in such amount of detail and care. I know because I have to do it myself.

Welcome to the forum. I will say it is too clean (of course I could be nasty and comment about minor issues), but it would be better to see more rendering of many products and other things. Practice doing some more renderings and start building your portfolio.

Your application of color is good (which can be hard with markers) and your highlights are good too. What I see very often from people getting into sketching/rendering is that there is a hurry to lay down color because, well it's gratifying to be honest. However, the best colored picture still can seem amateur if the proportions and perspective are off. I'd encourage you to keep working on your perspective as you determine your linework for the drawing.

All in all, great first go at it!