Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
mart2010uk

Toolbox Entry 'tucx'

Hello all,

Starting to get somewhere, the image below is a compilation of some random doodles (mini sketches) nothing impressive as i just through a few shape/styles together. Keeping most ideas to my self so far.

post-49590-0-17101300-1354830469_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Great sketches. I assume the idea in the second set of sketches is the one you plan on moving forward with? How do you plan on balancing the overall weight with the portability of the toolbox, since it looks like the the weighted fold out features and hinges are going to be relatively heavy? I suppose some different materials could be explored to minimize weight, or perhaps you're going less for portability and more for a multifunctional/work station type design.

Thanks, No I have moved away from this idea, I have a theme now which I don't want to mention so far as it is my inspiration for the route I am taking. In regards to the designs in the sketches above, yes I was thinking of having different materials and weighted areas to counter-balance the whole thing, but I didn't think about this to much at that stage. I have more to come tomorrow, after I finish work for Christmas :D Thanks for your comments.

My final design. 'Tucx' is a multi-functional portable storage & sketch unit, designed for the modern designer. With many functions including Ipod/Bluetooth connectivity to allow you to play inspiring music & many important storage areas. Below is my final design, I will be posting up another compilation of images very soon to show the functional side of Tucx.

Tucx_01_zps6e5a7c05.png