3 replies to this topic

#1 Sneblot

Sneblot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • At:Nottingham Trent University

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

For young designers motivation to keep sketching can be one of the hardest things to keep hold of, so I though it might be a good idea to list down some ideas on how to re-energise that motivation or even recharge it with a worth while breaks from design work.

I shall start by saying that when I look at my work and find it hard to pick up that pencil in the morning, a quick 10-15 minutes of Obectfied normally helps, or a quick couple of articals from ICON. Finding something to relax my mind from a long day in the office I would have to suggest more reading I generally pick something to do with other interests such as web development or art.

So theres a few of mine what about others on here? What do you do to keep going?

#2 waikit

waikit

Founder & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • At:Speck Design

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Browse through some great portfolios on coroflot or behance that contain some inspiring designs and sketches. That might motivate you.

#3 ROCKY7

ROCKY7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Great topic ! I'm glad somebody finally touched on this. I find that this is one of my biggest dilemmas at times when I'm having a slow day at the office.

#4 ilovemedia

ilovemedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Printing, photography, graphic design, advertising, marketing
  • At:University of Texas

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Or you could try just leaving your desk for a while. A change of scenario...Go outside, walk around. That should help clear up your congested mind. Who knows. You might even stumble upon an inspiration while you were up and about...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store