Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
BenMcCabe

Product Design - Interactable Donation Box

The brief of the project is as follows:

"With a focus on modern materials, processes and technologies, design and make a model of an interactive device which facilitates the collection of donations for a cause and encourage the giving of donations.

Your solution should include electro-mechanic movement in operation and should be well presented"

I have watched the "Power of a coin" video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLSbaqH73io )and wish to make something that works the same way so I am hoping that you might be able to tell me how it works.

What the coin is sliding down and how it actually activates the interactable events, for example the ambulance moving, the trees and bushes popping up.

How does it reset back to its original position so more people can donate and see the transition.

Can you please help me by explaining how I can manage to build something of this sort or possibly another idea from the brief?

Thanks.

Hey.

I always loved that little life boat donation box as a kid in the post office. Just put a 2p in and watch it roll and the boat rocked. Stupidly simple.

A coin running down a path or channel, using its momentum/weight as it drops could initiate some feed back to the person donating. Coin drops onto plate weighted pivot etc.

Or use light gates as the coin runs it could trigger the switch and action a stepper motor.

I wouldn't focus on how your going to make it work just yet. Get your theme and presentation storey boarded out so you know what you trying to communicate.