#1 Mohammad R Shojaie

Mohammad R Shojaie

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Music, Riding Motorbike

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

Iran, Greece, china, India and etc are the mine of old and great myths. They are deep enough to make people believe them and even effect on their real life.

Myths do not depend on where they belong to and where they come from but they are fluent and drift on people’s regular life everywhere. There are a lot of fascinating myths also in Scotland. The story of legendary Lochness monster is one of them!

Lochness chopper has inherited not only the face of the monster but some moral features. The very long wheel base reminds the serenity and the dark paint reminds cryptic manner and also a hidden fear underneath.

Hub-less wheels and how they connected to the suspension system and triple headlights remind sci-fi movies and give the bike a very futuristic look. The rear wheel has divided to two parts and the drivetrain torque transfers to the rear wheel through the middle of the wheel.
There is no a classic taillight on the bike but a very special and unique lighting system does the job instead. Taillight is a belt-like LED lights which has been embedded into surface of the rear tire.

Lochness has a very powerful engine, V-4, four-stroke and belt transmission through the middle of the wheel. Single brake disk per wheel looks like an angry viper head which complete the feeling of the overall look also a classic tire pattern is a gift for old-fashion chopper fans.

Some say there is no such thing as Lochness monster, but this chopper is constant evidence which proves the existence of a monster called Lochness chopper; this time in shape of a chopper.

Rest of images: http://www.mr-shojaie.com/

Attached Files

• Attached File  07.jpg   55.54KB   3 downloads
  • Attached File  06.jpg   57.56KB   2 downloads

#2 muadib3d

muadib3d

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

cute, very sharp edges. What I am specially concern about is too small distance between exhaust and saddle

it fits to me to celebrated(Imho) nowadays in popculture fashion of "death" and so forth(which I don`t buy it by the way).

it also remainds me another design of such chopper I noticed some time ago

Attached File  indian-gorilla-v4-ianis-02.jpg   152.82KB   11 downloads
Jacek Mydlikowski
http://proe-warsztat.pl

#3 advancedboy

advancedboy

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Cars, aviation, science, US, nature, space, etc.

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Very nice design, it has the taste of vintage and modern era bike convergence. What I don`t like is the front fork going a notch too low flirting with asphalt. Try to jack it up a bit higher and round it up, so it doesn`t give an impression of being simply `chainsawed off` at the end. The word `Lochness` seems to have a non-industrial font, try to change that. What else, I would like to see the fuel tank clean , so that it doesn`t have any decorative writing over it. Or make it transparent and barely visible with `Lochness` going over it`. Also, as Muadib 3d mentioned, deal with exhaust pipes, that seem to be frying biker`s legs. Just my 0.00002 cents.

#4 Mohammad R Shojaie

Mohammad R Shojaie

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for comments,

@Muadib3d, as you can see here (http://www.mr-shojai...olio/28-0-f.jpg), the muffler and exhaust pipes have nothing to do with rider's leg and there are also some insulator there. And if you have noticed, this is very common in custom choppers to put muffler there.

@Advancedboy, I had a comprehensive quest in American choppers world. Americans use to do somethings that do not make any sense in motorcycle industry. Their first priority is the shape of the bike instead of practical features. They use to paint bike in strange shapes, the ground clearance is very very low, some of them even do not have muffler, there is no filter for air inlet, very huge rear wheel which is not practical and generally everything you think is odd, you can see in choppers!

Somehow this things remind me the past decades of USA which were the golden age of car industry. when some outstanding cars were born. for example look at the fourth generation of Cadillac Eldorado and specially the high tailfins with double tail lights in mid-fin. Americans do not use to do that designs anymore because of the current competitive market (which is Asians fault!) but the only designers which do not care about this market (Of course they have their own customers) are chopper designers. God bless them!

#5 advancedboy

advancedboy

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Cars, aviation, science, US, nature, space, etc.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

American choppers are a risky venue, because most of them are on verge of not complying to industrial design at all. Some of your bikes are more professionally designed than most Harley Davidson`s ever built. Spare the V-Rod.when indivuduals take those bikes and start their creative approach to take over the bike, in most cases they ruin the industrial design. No matter how interesting it is to look at them, they can`t hit a high mark in professional design. I also enjoy many interesting ideas, but only if they are reigned within industrial compliance. A good example would be Victory Vision bike which does have elements of old-timer, chopper, and tourer, yet is definitely an industrial design sample. Anyway, here is your bike with some minor tuneups. I also moved the fork a notch forward and tilted it up slightly. if it is offensive to you, I will remove the pic.

Attached Files

#6 Mohammad R Shojaie

Mohammad R Shojaie

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

No it's not. You do know me. I like your comments even if I was not agreed!

Just a quick comment about the font: You can see such fonts on cars too. For example the font of pagani "HUAYRA" is like a signature which is ok.

#7 parel

parel

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • At:Concept Center International

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

Nice update- I was not sure whether the Persian(?) graphics were working. Perhaps in my mind the Lochness creature is agile and stealth- choppers might not be the best starting point- but a cool chopper nonetheless.

#8 Mohammad R Shojaie

Mohammad R Shojaie

Level 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

The post updated with new images. some minor edits in proportion and coloring.

Attached Files

• Attached File  06.jpg   57.56KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  07.jpg   55.54KB   2 downloads

#9 thdudesign

thdudesign

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

yeah, i love hubless

me in the real life