Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
NVA

Bicycle Design For Indian Teenagers 2020

Hey guys .... ive always wanted to post my work here for a while ... been a member for a long time and always have been looking around all the awesome work everyone has been posting ... This was a quick bicycle that i designed for a competition ..... was a pretty quick job ... took like a week to get it done ....

The brief was to design a bicycle for the indian teenage market of the year 2020 ... i had to study the current scenario and trends and come up with a scenario for the year 2020 as well and keep. Trend mapping and mindsets were the important aspects i looked into.

So please do have a loook and do let me know as to what u think ... and yeah please comment onto what i would probably need to improve on too :)

kind regards

:)

[ The font may be really small but it was supposed to be an A3 print. I put them down it according to that ]

post-50237-0-71980200-1337249881_thumb.jpg

Thats the Scenario building part ....

post-50237-0-15678300-1337250238_thumb.jpg

Renders showing how the bicycle is to look ..

post-50237-0-13987000-1337250324_thumb.jpg

some of the areas and parts explained

Hi NVA,

Your design looks good. My first reaction is the frame part looks a little soft? There are some large fillets and quite plain sections in the middle, maybe you could add some more surfacing detail such as the cut-outs in the wheels or some harder edges in the frame?

I think it is a great start you just need to keep on working the design, try printing it off with 50% opacity and sketch some ideas over the top.

Best regards,

@Fusionmark

Hi FusionMark

yeah .... i get the point .... it was a quick 4 day project and i saw your video and i learned a lot... like how to start as a single part and export it as different part .. i made everything as individual parts from start ... that ate up a lot of my brain .....

Im currently working on a motorcycle .... ill follow your technique and i will keep u posted on it ... :)

thanks heaps