Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Chris Joseph

Hello Everyone, Feedback On My Portfolio, Please.

Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you would give me feedback on my student work. I am currently seeking an internship or entry level work in NYC and was hoping my work was up to standards. I show a lot of process, which some on another forum have mentioned was a bit much, but is it really? I always thought employers wanted to see our thinking process. Or do I have too much to see on a website? Should I take out the process and reserve that for in-person interviews? And if anyone can relate their own experience, that would be great (as to what employers like to see in online portfolios).

Id appreciate any feedback possible.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

(link deleted).

the process u've shown there is awesome ... ive been told that companies look out for the process .... they say it shows them your working style .... well im still a student and i dunno if i can be a judge here .... but i found it awesome .... not too flashy and colorful but then again it grabs attention :) ... good stuff

Same here, I am impressed. Good presentation of your design process, which I do believe is very important for employers to understand how you think and design.

Oh, wow. I hadn't noticed anyone replied! Thanks to you both for the feedback. It brought a smile to my face.

I had thought it might be "too much" process, but I guess it's better to show it than not. The only thing I do worry is that my in-person portfolio might be a bit much, as it is 60 pages for 4 projects. Is that too much, Waikit? During an interview does it matter more if the work is of quality, versus how many pages are there? 60 pages of fluff would probably bore an interviewer to death. :)

Chris,

It is not bad to show your portfolio of 60 pages if they all are creative, innovative and attractive. However, it is recommended to sort out best 20-25 of them and show to the interviewer. He/she definitely would be amazed :)