Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 06: Light Aircraft

Guest PhilippeV8

I got mine from school. They were in a starter kit so I have no specific details. But I think one can find them at any more advanced paper/drawing-tools shop. I still don't understand how people can get straight lines with them. I think they are so wet that they blend too much into the paper .. then again, that's the trick because you can create gradients easely with that. I use black and different gray colors most of them all.

Guest mola667

HEre is mine, a Me-109 in action. Aprox 1 hour this morning. Soft pencils.

Guest Jakska

Thanks Philippe :D That's exactly what I wanted to know :ph34r: I kinda suspected that they would be really wet by the fading and blending on your render. They are perfect for what I need them for. :D

Really nice sketch Mola667.

Guest Napman

Since phillip is in my class :ph34r: i can answer you're question too... :D

Pantone Markers cost about 6€ each, your can refill them, that costs about another 10€ extra. We can buy it in most of the casual Art-shops... Schleiper is a good store :D

Schleiper website

Guest Jakska

wow Waikit they are really good. Really nice designs and well drawn too...

Thanks Napman! :D I think they are a bit steeply priced for my current budget... I think I shall stick with watercolours for a while yet! :ph34r:

Here's my attempt:

planesketch8ak.jpg

Guest tokes99

very dope waikit, very clean, my 1st entry into a sketch group here hopefullt not the last, i went a little overboard trying to render it i will try to use more restraint on the next ones

post-23-1118279056.jpg

Guest Napman

nice drawing tokes99!

To bad it's a bid blurry... but i like it :P

Perspective is very good!

Guest almunro

heres a 10 min sketch... man these tablets are hard to get used to!!

pixelation5as.th.jpg

Guest PhilippeV8

Indeed tablets are quite different. They have advantages like if you erase, your sheet is 100% white again, but the big bother is that you can't rotate your sheet like you can do when normal sketching. Someone said Corel Painter is good for that but I used Painter Essentials, but that's no PhotoShop at all. I'd love PS to add in the option to rotate the canvas easely. It can be done however, don't forget this. But you need to access the menu for doing it. I use it a lot. 90° CW or CCW makes already a big difference. Haven't dared using the rotation yet where you can give a number of °. Not sure if you can get your picture right way up again then without remembering each time how many ° you did rotate.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.