Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
R.P.S

Chess Set For The Blind-Inspired

I read the topic today http://www.productde...ind-in-10-days/

and had think instead of an experimental task for the design step why not doing a real product.

As mentioned there in GonzoInventor's Topic i think a flat surface would be the right way to go for so its possible for a blind person to "overview" the play board and positions before make a move. A simple push on to a field makes it comes up or stay down.

I think its worth to produce. Any comment, critic or other thoughts are very welcome.

Regards

Peter

post-57452-0-16341400-1335296964_thumb.jpg

post-57452-0-74979300-1335297013_thumb.gif

Great job! I think this is very clever design.

I also thought the issue of "reading" the board without knocking over pieces was a real issue they must face, but this works beautifully with the flat surface. This would allow them to "read" it in a natural and familiar way as they do with brail.

Congrats!

Thanks

I was really surprised about that problem with a chessboard for the blinds but since 1848 there was no significant development.

regards

Peter

wow what a great concept. The design is just perfect, I think the factor that the players may knock over chess pieces will be surely notable at first but since visually impaired peope have outstanding ability with having a sense of space memory... I am not sure what they call itl, but... they will surely adapt fast with that problem. I hope all goes well with this project. Good Luck!.

Thanks

I face now the problem "how to advertise/promote a project for blind people"??? They cant see the pictures they cant read a newsletter.

Maybe someone has a bright idea on how to present the whole board visual more impressive.

Help and advise are very welcome

Peter

i could not find any advertising for the blind so i think the only practical way is radio.

will try to reach the local station here and ask for advice :huh:

Hi i understand the design problem of chess pieces being knocked over but i have seen a product out on the market that i think would get over this problem magnetic chessboard this still allows the blind person to feel around the board! :D