Product Design Forums

Rapid Prototyping Services
moving out cleaning singapore
dog crates nz
MadMartin

Bathroom Sink Organiser (Need Feedback Urgently!)

I done this for my A level project and i would appreciate it if people would give feedback on its aesthetic(how good it looks) qualities in particular, but feedback on other aspects are also very welcome!

please see all photos before commenting,Thanks!

post-57431-0-30019400-1334357470_thumb.jpg

post-57431-0-93130400-1334357514_thumb.jpg

post-57431-0-59426100-1334357591_thumb.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool, what materials have you used to make this?

The only thing I think about it is the toothbrushes are a bit slanted because they are placed in at a low point, maybe if the section with the holes was slightly higher up they would sit better?

Food for thought :)

I would make the corners less sharp and put the prototype in the real bathroom environment near the sink to see how it fits with the rest

the tooth brush support is a nice idea but it is not well integrated with the rest of the concept. Maybe you can improve the concept by repeating that feature .

I don't think the toothbrush being slanted is bad. I like it slanted, imperfection is also beautiful. If you want to keep it slanted, think of a specific pattern and make it more obvious. Also if it is slanted think of how people would feel having multiple tooth brush heads touching each other (I would not want that), and how to prevent that.

If i'm cleaning the counter can I easily drag/move everything without having the toothbrush fall apart?

I wouldnt use acrylic - ABS would be much better overall if costs arent a concern. Acrylics are hard - and brittle to a certain extent. I assume u laser cut a sheet thn heat in the oven and mould on a jig?

i think it's a great concept but you have to make more out of this.... it can get a lot better i think.

especially the bottom looks a little bit cheap for me... can you make it in one piece and a little bit thicker?