#1 Arre

Arre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hi folks,

Been a long time, and my user account was even deleted :P

Anyways I am an industrial designer who hit a problem at work, usually I design various products, but now my boss wants me to design the packaging as well... But I don't really know were to start, since I don't have any education at all in it.

For starters I've come up with a really nice designs, which I have got praised for, on the other hand is these designs made in hard paper (very thick paper) and not fold-able, which leads to a lot of "air transportation". And since I don't have any knowledge in paper/package design at all I've hit the wall so to say, I don't really know how to make these nice designs, since the lack of material knowledge (paper in this case)

Anyone that is in the same position or have any tips regarding package design, maybe some good books of what you should/shouldn't do when it comes to package design.

Best regards,
Arre

#2 BBrandDesign

BBrandDesign

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

When shopping, consumers subconsciously recognise elements in the following order: colour, shapes, images and words. Understanding this behavior, and tailoring packaging solutions to it, can help maximise a brand’s projection and recognition on shelf.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: package, design, book, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store