#1 nickallen1984

nickallen1984

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hi,

I run a company called 3dprintuk. I am currently Oxford based, but am looking to move to london. I am looking to find some fellow young designers to open a studio with.

The basis is that it will be a fun, creative environment where we can create products and develop ideas together, for cheaper rates that joining a co-working environment. I'd like to start this sometime in Easter or early summer.

We will have an in house 3D printer (Objet 30) so we can make Our ideas real in house for cheaper, but I will remain running my 3D printing bureau independently as well.

I feel with enough young energy together we can create products together and quickly, with the possibility of creating our own company designing our own things as well as a designing for other people - Kind of like what Quirky do in the UK, though with a more UK feel.

I am looking for creative young people who will be willing to lay down at least £250-£300 per month to start with and we can see where we can do from there.

I'd love to be able to design fun unnecessary things for people - novelty items, but at the same time be able to produce usable products.

I am looking for people preferably with some design experience, so they know how to run things and not make a joke of the whole job, but I still want to have fun in the process. It is about being able to work with people rather than how well they can do there technicalities (welll...there's a aballance needed.)

Ideally I'd be looking to team up with existing freelancers.

Please let me know if you are interested and show me some of your work/tell me your thoughts.

I have very strong links with Gizmodo UK,so any geeky gagdty designers out there can be marketed easily ;)

I'd be looking to get an office in the Old Street or Clerkenwell area, but am open to suggestions.

Nick

www.3dprint-uk.co.uk

nick@3dprint-uk.co.uk

#2 vander

vander

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

sounds like it would be a great place to work! Best of luck to your new start up and future team

#3 nickallen1984

nickallen1984

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Right - new plans - I'm Moving to Techhub on Old street, london. Any one want to get involved with making some designs with me get in touch via this feed. At Techhub you can rent desks daily or permanently - so if you want to get involved part time with some cool 3D printing projects let me know - Lets make some wicked stuff!

#4 cgalmrott

cgalmrott

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Design Strategy, Design Research, Sustainability, Product Longevity, Emotional Attachment,
  • At:The Pure H2O Company

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Sounds interesting, would like to chat more about it. My email is ceri(at)cerialmrott.com
Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.

#5 nickallen1984

nickallen1984

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yet another change of plan...... not moving to London until May at the earliest so plans on hold...

#6 ryanid

ryanid

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Nick,

I'd like to be in contact with you. I'm considering starting a similar business idea. I work all day and freelance all night. Keep up the entrepreneurial spirit!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: studio, 3d printing, 3d printer, london, prototyping, share, sharing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: