• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eldajna

Eldajna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

If one has designed a watch and wants to manufacture the whole thing, without including a investor or an existing watch company, where does one go?

First, I'm in need of some information of watch producers and manufacturers mainly in europe. But if there are cheap, BUT GOOD producers in ASIA or other parts of the world, I would gladly have their www/iPhone/@ or whatever info please:D

Second, I have absolutely NO idea of how much a watch module costs to produce. Obviously, it depends on the amount and the type of parts and watch. Is there any guideline or approximation please hit me with it!

I will be absolutely thrilled for all information given to me!

Thanks in advance! :D

/E
  • Kallersoliolf likes this

#2 EROXION

EROXION

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

If you are looking to make 1 or a few watches you may be best looking at a site like http://www.designawatch.com/ and pick from their case and strap options and submit your dial design. The choice will always be limited and may not satisfy your creativity.

If you want to design the case, bracelet, hands etc. then you have a problem, making small quantities cannot use the production methods normally used - so costs are very high.

The actual module that moves the hands are not expensive, both Seiko and Citizen sell 3 hand movements for less than US$1 in volume. With a plated brass case, leather strap, hands and crown the total parts can be less than US$10. But that is only when buying thousands of sets of parts.

Europe vs. Asia - Almost all affordable watches have been made in Asia for 40 years, mostly by companies based in Hong Kong. But I don't know any willing to make complete custom watches without a substantial cost.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: watch, industrial produce, design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: