Product Design Forums

Treasurebox

Hi everyone,

I've recently been very interested in taking classes in industrial design but I really don't have much time on my hands. I have been debating on taking online classes but I feel that perhaps this field of study is not one that I can consider taking online classes, mainly because I feel this should be more of a hands on learning experience. Is there anyone out there that has taken classes online or known anyone. I would really appreciate some feedback on this subject. Thanks.

Online classes give you much flexibility on your schedules... It is a great option considering your current situation. However, I also agree with daninspire... so if you ever get to such scenario make sure to exert extra effort to fill in the gaps.

Good luck :)

Hey online education is definitely a good option for working professionals like you who cannot leave their job for full time studies. Moreover it almost similar to full time education so nothing to worry and moreover its cheap and short so its adds to the cause.

Hi there Lostn30. Is your current work related in any way to the creative industrys? To be honest with you I would be a bit skeptical about doing an online course in Industrial design, mainly because the quality of the design education may not be up to standard. You would probably need to be living in the correct designing/learning environment i would think. No I haven't come across any I.D online courses but maybe they do exist, ..... but lets throw the cat among the pigeons here, If you do an online design sketching course then a online 3d course followed by a weekend Design thinking course does that make you a designer? I would probably tell you to go to a great I.D college and learn there.