1 reply to this topic

#1 GonzoInventor

GonzoInventor

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Okay, I admit it. I really like creative methodologies. Some people geek out over typography, bezier curves, a fast bowl, Firefly. I like how ideas are developed from something half-grasped like a fleeting dream, through to a fully fledged thing. I like the techniques of exploring an idea and making it into something bigger than it was.

Anyway, I have been aware of Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt's Oblique Strategies for quite some time. Then there's Jeff Noon's Cobralingus Engine. And IDEO's Method Cards. Lots of different ways of getting your brain to think in different ways.

So I thought I'd try and have a go at creating my own. I liked how all the other cards worked, but I wanted something that was specific for product designers. Something that could help them sketch out new ideas and come up with innovative concepts. And so here they are: Iterations. These cards help you create more interesting designs in your concept sketching.

Posted Image

A creative aid for product designers during the concept sketching process. Drawing a card and then sketching the result can lead iterative sketching down new and innovative paths not normally reached through standard concept drawing.

Posted Image

These cards are printed on 100% recycled 350gsm stock with a light satin finish.

Posted Image

Just thought you might like them.

Hi, I'm Duncan. I run a small creative studio in Haarlem where I design things.

#2 Kieron-Scott

Kieron-Scott

Level 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • At:ADzero - The Bamboo Smartphone

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Dude i really like the look of these, Would love to have a look through a deck, think they could be really useful when you hit that brick wall... Also i remember in the first couple of years of Uni it was sometimes so hard to just get the engine started on a concept..
Kieron-Scott
kieron-scott.com

1st Class Honors in BA Product Design
MDX London

Head Deigner - AD
ADzero - The Bamboo Smartphone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: