Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
mahmoudhassan

Rendering Accurate Glass Geomtry

hi am working on a glassware company

i used rhino to model my designs and i render them in cinema 4d

i get nice results when it comes to simple shapes but when i try to render a complex geometry with tiles or something

i get bad results and the shadows of the tiles or the pattern i use doesn't seam to appear at all

iam not sure if the problem is with the modelling or the render or maybe the software

i need to get a result close to the shown renders

if someone can help me about this point i will really appreciate that

post-54134-0-84358100-1323082331.jpg

For rendering pure glass you need to make sure your shader has the correct properties, your raytracing parameters are set very high (to allow for an accurate calculation of all of the internal reflections) and that your lighting and environment setup mimics what you would see in a photo studio. If you don't have the proper environment, and you are trying to create a rendering, you won't get the right reflections.

C4D should be OK, but if you are primarily doing glass you may be better with a rendering engine that is better based in physical properties of materials like Maxwell.

Looking at the gallery on the C4D site - you should definitely be able to get the result you want out of C4D. Maxwell is better at some physical characteristics, but if they can do stuff like this:

http://www.maxon.net...ds/pics/199.jpg

From C4D - your glass shouldn't be an issue. If you haven't gotten there yet you just need to spend time tweaking and make sure your ray tracing bounce/max limit settings are cranked.