Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
cwaldo39

A New Way To Make Money With Your Designs?

I know you can make money from selling your designs and working for firms, but there is another way to make a little bit of money. If you guys look into 3D printing, you can sell figurines of your 3D renders. This new technology allows you to manufacture your own models. Have you guys ever been involved with this?

not quite sure what your getting at with this?

Almost any other fabrication method aside from molding will be cheaper than 3D printing. You can fabricate something out of metal, wood, foam, fiberglass ect and create physical products without the high cost of 3D printing.

Considering most 3D prints even for small pieces start at $100-$200+, I wouldn't consider 3D printing the ideal method to create a piece just to sell it.

3D Printing is definitely one of the modern day wonders of technology, it is also a great way to produce your designs at a very low cost and almost instantly. It is a good outlet to make money out of your 3D renderings, it might actually hit the market of personalized figurines. The trick here is to find a reliable 3D printing machine if you are planning to use it for heavy duty printing, but generaly it is cheap to buy and maintain this type of technology. Investing in a low quality machine might just lead you to more expenses in the long run.

I saw a couple of customized and personalized figurine stalls in the mall today, I was observing and it looked like some people were actually intrigued and curious about it. If they would have made an instant figurine off the bat, they would have sold more. If you say this is cheap, then they were making a killing.