Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Amirikano

Ethic Design: Traffic Lights Redesign

Hello!!....I am a 3rd year student in product design in high school of design in Tunis

This year and I spend my final project studies

The theme this year is the ethic design, that I am committed to do my extensive research toidentify issues and in which area I can truly exercise ethical in my design ...

Ethics is human and any product designed to actually be in the service of humanity and has no marketing purposes ..

after the latest statistics of my country, Tunisia is the 15th world compared to traffic accidents and I see that it is a very high number especially knowing that this number is the result of neglect of traffic lights...

So I decided to work on it and raise the problems of car drivers to find out why they do not respect traffic lights

while I agree in the design of a product that works on the psychology of the driver and take stepsto ensure that the user does not stop at a red light out of obligation but by his own will

is what you see is an interesting topic?

and if you have problems on this, can you gives me some examples ?

i'm waiting your replies.....Thank you

Really really tough challenge. You are going to have to do a lot of task analysis on this one if you are going to create a good design. I dont know how you will evade users stopping out of obligation, since it is law that they stop but that in itself is a crazy design challenge, good luck!

and hey update us on any developments, I am interested!

Hi,

it really sounds interesting and I can see good scope. The challenge in this perticular design is to do a "Emotional" redesign and keep visual communication as clear as possible. (the design part is: you need to show something more interesting than red light to stop the driver at signal)

Also data related to gender and age will help you focus on key habits of drivers and their response to signal.

All the best

Hi sounds like a cultural thing to me. Wow massive project probably PHD material. How much do you know about traffic light cameas which automatically take pics of the number plates of non compliers, which get fined.

Cheers

hi everybody

im worked on ..... im in the final phase of the the new concept of trafic lights...i will show you when i finished rendering....