Product Design Forums

3D Printing Services
dog crates nz
Sign in to follow this  
vv3

Spring Semester Ipd

Hi,

I have just sent an application to TU Delft's IPD master's program.

Some of the programs start twice a year: in autumn and spring semester. I applied for the program which starts in the spring semester. Is there a difference if you start in September or in February?

I heard that you skip some lectures if you start in spring but it does not sound logical to me. If there is a possibility to start in the spring semester it should be the same as in the autumn, but a professor on my current university told me that he spoke with a professor from TU Delft and apparently it is better to start in autumn.

Thanks for all the info,

Vid

I'm a Strategic Product Design student at Delft University, and I think it doesn't matter that much if you start in January.

Some courses are however follow-ups, in which you could use the knowledge gained during the autumn semester of you first year of your masters. This will make your first semester a bit harder perhaps, since some of the techniques available are explained during the autumn semester, but the second one easier. In the end, you will have had the same amount of courses, lectures, so there is no difference in that, it's just a matter of order of courses.

In the second year there is basically no difference, since you are working towards your graduation by that time.

Note that the Masters have changed some of the courses since last year, so that there might be a change since I took the Master courses, but overall, I think you should be fine starting in January.

Hi Rietveld,

thanks for your reply.

I have just one more question.

Does the second semester start in January or February? On the calendar I found on the internet it said February the 6th, but I'm not sure if it's valid for my program.

Thank you for everything,

Vid

Sorry for the late reply. The 2nd semester starts indeed at February 6th. There might be some master introduction however for the people starting. This could be in the week before that, but I am not sure about this.