Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
FusionMark

Fw Sidewinder

Hi Guy's,

This is my first forum post on here so please be kind! I am a product designer but love car design, I actually produced this sketch and complete CAD model while on a recent business trip in China. I found some spare time in transit between factories and felt inspired to do a bit of fun CAD modelling. - With the work I do I know Solidworks like the back of my hand so it only took a few hours to model the car - it makes a nice change not to work on all the internals details and just play with an external shell.

Any feedback would be great, I also posted a blog on my website here; FusionWeld.com

Cheers,

Mark

post-52897-0-11886700-1315250949.jpg

post-52897-0-69208800-1315250961.jpg

post-52897-0-94262100-1315251005.jpg

Hey Mark,

I like the idea. The front end / side fenders seem inspired by the Minority Report Lexus, which is always a classic design.

I've written (ranted) some more on the general idea of small cars over on the Acrylo Blog which might be of some interest to you.

Awesome work, either way.

-Brennan

Hi Brennan,

Wow, nice website dude! - Thank you for the blog entry! With the price of fuel going up I think cars will have to shrink and the days of stupidly massive and weighty sizes are dwelling. I do think some of the smaller cars being released at the moment could look a bit cooler though!

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark,

I like the idea. The front end / side fenders seem inspired by the Minority Report Lexus, which is always a classic design.

I've written (ranted) some more on the general idea of small cars over on the Acrylo Blog which might be of some interest to you.

Awesome work, either way.

-Brennan