Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
matthodge

Difficult To Model In Solidworks

well, seems to be capable to be done in solidworks. For sure in Pro/E;)

you should first take really close look at basic outline of this product and prepare some base curves, then there is only polishing the stuff and adding extra features

well, seems to be capable to be done in solidworks. For sure in Pro/E;)

you should first take really close look at basic outline of this product and prepare some base curves, then there is only polishing the stuff and adding extra features

Thanks for the reply. Could anyone give a quick demonstration?

good work Paul ! .... you are always skilled :) thumbs up for u ! you know catia V5 ?? by any means ??

thanks Mr. Black.... I have not really used Catia V5.. I only played with it.. had one chance to really use it but regretfully decided to step back from the gig. only wish I had more clients which had it. And you?.. are you a Catia V5 user?

Yep, i am catia V5 user for past 2 years ! Working In Body in white :)

Catia Is good but hard to find good surfacing do's and dont's.

can You do this one ? ..... I want to know your approach

0907051112a2f5f0bc06d03bd0.jpg

good work Paul ! .... you are always skilled :) thumbs up for u ! you know catia V5 ?? by any means ??

thanks Mr. Black.... I have not really used Catia V5.. I only played with it.. had one chance to really use it but regretfully decided to step back from the gig. only wish I had more clients which had it. And you?.. are you a Catia V5 user?

..hmm, did you post a image?

btw,.. doing a "body-in-white" search.. stuff comes up.. but, not sure how good they are??

http://www.maruf.ca/...ahelp/sdgug_C2/

http://www.catiatuto...nfiguration.asp

http://catiatutor.co...-surfacing.html

http://catia.cad2des...+White+Modeling

well, the image i posted was from google ! its about a shoe don't know thats modeled or scanned... but i think its a good thing to try !

i also have few questions, the sketching in solidworks is driven by curves and the SW feature tools like where sweep,loft, boundary,fill used.. is there any rule of thumb ?.. how the stylish curves are drawn.. matt lombart ladle example.. if you redit the cad model of the loft feature it showns only curve1.. but when i try it says atleast two profiles !

http://media.wiley.com/product_ancillary/33/04702582/DOWNLOAD/Chapter%2015.zip

you want to know body in white ? i think the last link and the video sum up what it is !

I still do not see the link to the shoe?... although, I do "not" believe SolidWorks is the right choice for modeling shoes,.. I'm sure it's possible with a lot of effort!?

I'd ask Matt and SolidWorks Corp about what is going on with that model but from what I can see, the loft fails and the main profile is lost and you only see the one composite sketch in the feature list.

There is a work around fix for this though,.. first, note what the constraints are set at, two choose two new curves.. let it fail.,.. three, reselect the old curves and set the old constraints and it should update.. although, I can see other failures as well...

Sadly, this is the weekness of SolidWorks, ... the company making this software fixes and breaks stuff all the time. i.e.,.. "SolidDoesNotWorks"

Thank you very much for the reply :)

Well, i gave constraints allowed to fail later, after that i can't select because the loft feature is disabled so the curves inside also gets locked.

I think suppress and unsuppress always creates problems in solidworks !

and its difficult to explain to company boss the behaviour of softwares also there are many bugs in catia, proe, UG !

My other doubt is

How you make the overall shapes ? i tryed making Industrial design curved parts from scratch but i can't get the surfaces or the layout correctly from the sketches. as you know the automotive design we always get surfaces from alias / icemsurf surfaces ! I modeled the same ladle but i am not geting the shape of what matt modeled !

(attached is the show image)

post-49055-0-47049800-1317524219.jpg

Well, New Balance uses SolidWorks to model their soles. But not the uppers I think.

*rant warning* eitherway shoe designs sucks! So whatever they're using they better STOP IT! or got off this insane fashion lifecycle where they got just 3 months to design a friggin' shoe. No wonder it sucks. *end rant*