Product Design Forums

Treasurebox

Aesthetically, it looks beautiful, the quality is really good. Just wish it was a plausible idea for todays technology. Also the name "Dyke" is not great.. I understand it is a word play on the word "bike" but it means something completely different here in the UK

Yeah, it's one thing to try to be provocative with your names, another to be intentionally inflammatory.

I would spend more time refining your designs then worrying about your name. If someone sent me that in a portfolio for a job interview I'd probably throw it into my trash. This includes your "Bulls***" and other concepts.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Cyberdemon. It is an interesting idea, yet , the problem is forces of nature. Such as inertia and centrifugal force. Kinda reminds me of Apollo missions,it works, but only on paper. Well,as to the name, it is hard to decide- from technical point of view, it looks like an invitation to install a supercharger or a turbocharger, from another aspect- a direct quote from xtube. Funnily enough a word `grandpa` ain`t a Dutch surname actually, neither is Dyke exclusively married to dam, but rather to a dame. As to design itself- close, but no cigar.

I love this idea. I think with a lot of inginuity and a long discussion with the Dyson engineers this could actually work. Think of a turboprop engine on an aircraft how it pulls the vehicle forward while on the ground. Could be cool for racecraft. Another example would be a swamp craft propelled by a huge fan. You would have big issues with wake behind the craft. Do some more concepting on the idea.

@Matthew

cool.... thanks

its kinda like DYson + biKE

@cyberdemon

Thanks for the advice on sending the resume.

I will take note.

@advancedboy

thanks for the explanation

i appreciate it!

@Moog

cool.. thanks

I too think it might work...

Thanks!

wow, really impressed by the CAD work!