Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
trillian

Starting Pd Studies At 23

Hi.

I'm 23 and considering to start a bachelor degree in industrial design.

When I finished high school i just didn't take the design path cause i was to worried about prospective employment... but know i'm pretty sure that's what i want to do in my life

I don't have any portfolio yet, but i'll try to create one...

what do think about it?

Hi.

I'm 23 and considering to start a bachelor degree in industrial design.

When I finished high school i just didn't take the design path cause i was to worried about prospective employment... but know i'm pretty sure that's what i want to do in my life

I don't have any portfolio yet, but i'll try to create one...

what do think about it?

Do it, you'll never look back. I started my studies at 21, a little later than normal, but not to late. I am now 26 and run my own 3d printing and design company.

Entering a degree at a slightly older age will give you the edge of maturity - you will have been through all the getting wasted stage of your life and now know what you want to do. You will work harder than your younger class mates, and want to achieve better (this is a rule of thumb, not a rule).

Once you graduate, you will not be judged by your age, rather your quality of work and commitment. If you want to play a bit of catch-up, get some work experience during the uni holidays.

If you wait any longer, you will only regret it, and only look back and think what you could have been.

Best of luck