Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Crichton

Sketch Challenge July 2011

You guys may send in multiple sketches and we'll even allow sketches which have been photoshop enhanced to help out with marker rendering but in principle this is a sketch challenge so cad is out. So far from a designer sketch point of view, it seams Cash68 is on the money.

The new cad (3d) challenges start at the end of this month on the 3d challenges page.

Guys I am really sorry for my mistake. I am new at designing and this forum. I am going to post some sketch even if my hand isn't qualified enough :)

Line, you are here to improve yourself, not apologise.

Hope to see some of your work soon

@Will

The only funkiness I see, is the shadow on the egg. What actually needs to be redone is the idea of uploading a clean sketch. Take the photo with either a better camera or a scanner, keep still to avoid blur, and maybe resize your images so its doesn't take up the whole screen.

@Crichton

Can you pinpoint to inaccuracies? Will's sketch seems to be 1 point perspective with ellipses that seem to be spot on. And the linework, I can't judge due to the blurriness of the image.

Will; it's possible but it requires a set of skills you seam yet to learn.

Cash68; your gif is deleted for a reason, please let it rest now

Members found instigating arguments or posting comments which ruin the experience for others will have their comments removed.

So you'll leave up the post where he is blatantly lying and claiming he actually drew that, even though I have proof that he did not? Doesn't make any sense. I'm not trying to instigate anything, I'm trying to call a duck a duck.

..less cad like..sorry, could not help it.. ok, I could but had to do it.. (toned it down) 8^)

...nice sketch! - chja0011

post-49422-0-89080600-1310663433.png

ZXYS, it's a good picture. Think from next month we'll do a sketch and CAD renderings, But for now let's keep the sketches coming. This is after all SKETCH challenges.

Looking good guys

@crichton i have to apologize for being mean~ i didnt mean to spoil the challenge so ill contain my personal moods and let this one go~ but ill demonstrate my skills one way or another; ive posted numerous sketches at this forum and i host a hot topic here; ( http://www.productdesignforums.com/topic/13023-natures-design-some-sketches-of-animals ) a few eggs poses no difficulties for me, not at all

@cash68 whatever you did~ you cant hurt me; i admited i had edited with comp (maybe too much) and this pic didnt come straight outta my pencil like this; so why am i a "cheater" when there are "honest people" posting stuff that doesnt involve any pen work? maybe im being unoriginal by sketching according to the pic Crichton provided, but at least i took 4 pencils to draw a sketch on paper, scan it with a paid scanner, and edited to match with the pic as much as possible; if its not ok according to your book you can tell me; but not in this manner; i dont wanna make any offense but i think you really were jumping to conclusions; the sketch and pic looks too much alike due to the editing but that barely means this sketch is done without pencil

anyway i always hate to make excuses and i dont wanna explain this anymore; i have completely no complaint abt my posts and pics being deleted; i had done a sketch without any editing (actually the very first one in this challenge) and i submitted a second one with a singe egg in egg cup~(the one according to Sketchyd is a lil blurry) i can do more and possibly better ones; it will take time but ill do it if necessary

..(standing in corner)... OK! 8^)

ZXYS, it's a good picture. Think from next month we'll do a sketch and CAD renderings, But for now let's keep the sketches coming. This is after all SKETCH challenges.

Looking good guys

Somedays this feels like we hosting a drama discussion!

ZXYS; love the toung in cheek humor

Will; thanks for the honesty, but nothings stopping you from posting a few more sketches if you want to. As a matter of fact, the more the better

Anyways alot has come through the last 2 weeks so half way through.. You guys are welcome to post your comments on your favorite sketches. Let us all learn from the best to improve ourselves as not only in sketch but as designers

Crichton

@cash68 whatever you did~ you cant hurt me; i admited i had edited with comp (maybe too much) and this pic didnt come straight outta my pencil like this; so why am i a "cheater" when there are "honest people" posting stuff that doesnt involve any pen work? maybe im being unoriginal by sketching according to the pic Crichton provided, but at least i took 4 pencils to draw a sketch on paper, scan it with a paid scanner, and edited to match with the pic as much as possible; if its not ok according to your book you can tell me; but not in this manner; i dont wanna make any offense but i think you really were jumping to conclusions; the sketch and pic looks too much alike due to the editing but that barely means this sketch is done without pencil

And your sketch just happened to be exactly the proportions of the image that was posted as an example. Exactly.

cheater.gif

So strange that it is exactly the same proportions when you didn't trace it, or just copy the picture into photoshop, and run it through some filters thus explaining how fuzzy and "digital" your submission looked. Post the unedited version to prove me wrong.

@cash68, Thank you for being more reasonable

the original paper-based sketch was smeared so i did part of a new one using the same technique; i know its unproportional and not good at all but its just for a demonstration; i find the pure-cross-hatching-and-no-outline style very intriguing and presents the objects in a more vivid and real way; and i adjust all the proportions and shades to match exactly with the pic purposefully; i know its a lotta editing so i didnt submit this sketch till Crichton said photoshoped pics are accepted. I take back my previous words accusing you of blamesphe cuz i have faults in myself; the editing altered the pic too much and maybe cannot be taken as a han-done pencil sketch anymore. anyway i make no further advancement than proving i actually did the lines in the pic with my hands. If its not acceptable to make so much editing in your book i willingly withdraw my pic and have no complaint abt being deleted.

post-51852-0-97545400-1310830729.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.