Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Crichton

Sketch Challenge July 2011

Yeah I now it isn't useful to carry :). But as I said, it is very cool for breakfasts. Isn't it?

But I will send a container render. Second picture is allowed, right?

K, what part of SKETCH do you guys not understand? Stop with the @#$@#$ing CAD renderings. This is so annoying I'm submitting something just to show you what's up. Quick sketch too.

You guys may send in multiple sketches and we'll even allow sketches which have been photoshop enhanced to help out with marker rendering but in principle this is a sketch challenge so cad is out. So far from a designer sketch point of view, it seams Cash68 is on the money.

The new cad (3d) challenges start at the end of this month on the 3d challenges page.

and honestly i think a lotta eggs here are more like bullets shaped~ too pointy to be an egg... i try my best to keep the outline of my eggs round and like a real egg since i persue a best similarity to reality in all my sketches

Chja0011, very good line sketch! Thanks for your entry.

Will, cash68 is quite right. I hope you take this as a stearn warning, ONLY your own original line sketches and renderings may be submitted. You may only use photoshop to help you render a line sketch you have made. Cheating does not develop any skill and these challenges are all about developing your abilities to sketch. Looking forward to your next submission with your own work. Give it a try, let us crit and try and improve on your personal skill.

At the end of the day, been able to sketch accurately within a very short period of time is the difference between telling a client you'd get back to him or been able to show him a few quick solutions there and then. Impressing clients in a few lines can bring alot more contracts your way than coming back to a client later. In these tough times a good basic sketch can make or break you. Think of sketch challenges as a way for you to develop a key skill in design.

Crichton

Will, I like the fact that you pushing the pencil sketch issue. Your latest sketch however needs a redo if you want it considered. Perspective, Line work and the crosshatching all have issues. I could pin point and help you correct this drawing but I think you should first look through the main sketches directory or even Google product/industrial design sketches to get a better idea of what we looking for.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.