Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Liviu Tudoran

Maserati Fractal

I'm a bit confused...is there more?

You write "to create a future generation of vehicle with a totally new concept that will break the general ideas of conventional vehicles" but the only vehicle I see on your 2 boards looks like an Audi R8?

Where is any of the Maserati brand language, and what makes this actually different then any conventional sports car?

Also - people who live in New York don't need a reliable car for daily activities. If you live in New York and are buying a Maserati you are buying it for the same reason you buy a $20,000 Rolex - you have a ton of disposable income and want to flaunt that wealth. If you've ever been to NYC you'd know you can't drive a Maserati for more than 5 minutes before someone will crash into your bumper or you take out one of your $500 low profile tires on a pot hole.

Great sketches, though I personally think they are a little over the top with all the effects. None the less I can appreciate the amount of work you put into them. My observation on the rendered picture is that the front bumper is too straight compared to the ones on the sketches. I don't know why, but I see that a lot in car renders.

Nice sketches, but for my taste way too busy.

It's very hard to recognize the shape of the car itself.

I think you should keep this busy and emotional sketch style for the developement phase (and mybe for interim presentations) but add some really crisp and sharp renderings of the car for the final presentation (like the picture on your last slide).

Br

@Krabbenkoenig

I agree. Very impressive work, but it's hard to understand the actual form of the car itself.

I really like the flow of your sketches, but imo you're putting too much on each presentation board. That said, I really like your work.

Looks sweet, but what do piezo electrics have to do with a form changing vehicle? Piezo elements transmit energy to vibrations, and back and forth. A microphone is a good example, as are flat panel speakers. I guess I'm just confused.

It's obvious that your skills are getting better and better. Also I like the idea. Maserati is a very good subject to work on unlike FIAT in your former project.

In addition I agree with the other guys about a clear and final rendering. You have done your presentation very well except a final rendering.

wish you luck dude.