Rapid Prototyping Services
dog crates nz
Ground Anchors and Piles
moving out cleaning singapore
Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:42 PM
The concept could be use in 2 ways:
1. As a all-in-one kitchen solution for 3rd world countries. One unit could be sufficient for a whole street. The unit would bring people together and save a lot of money because not everyone has to buy a grill, sink, etc.
2. How great would it be to offer a solution for poor or homeless people in terms of socials gathering and cooking. Only thing needed is food. No other tools needed. (integrated in unit) The unit can be placed in parks or open places. The unit can also be used by other people in the park. In cities advertising on the sides could provide sponsor money for example maintenance and production costs.
- Rainwater collector (in rainy areas)
- Unit can be closed
- Grill (waste bin inside unit)
- Sink for cleaning
- Could be a central water point
- Posibilities in plastic (rotation molding)
- Maintenance needed
Of course a lot can be added or minimalised.
Please reply your preference. Option 1 of 2?
Feedback is welcome!
- shyamal likes this
Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:24 PM
Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:25 PM
The concept sketch translated to a basic 3d model.
Great way to meet new people and cook together.
Still usable for both urban and 3rd world country use.
Points of attention for further development:
- Refinging the global design and details
- Mechanism of the 'roof' sliding system
- Energy for the grill and water system
- Materials and production
- Transportation possibilities
Further progress will follow soon!
@ Azuro1125, thank you for the feedback!
- DanHibbert and shyamal like this
Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:05 PM
your modelling is fantastic (what program did you use?)
Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:09 AM
How to make this more sustainable? Perhaps adding solar panels on the roof for providing electricity for lighting and cooking?
Just an idea: perhaps you can consider about a cooking plate that runs around the center, so you provide 4 sides for 4 cooks. Or 2 plates at 2 sides, and 2 sinks at 2 sides?
Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:35 PM
Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:35 AM
You would have to be careful on how many and where they would be placed. You dont want too many so that some get unused but then again you dont want too few so that there are a queue of hundreds of people.
Also, who would be responsible for cleaning it/removing grease at the end? If there was an auto-clean system installed not only would this be more hygienically friendly, but would also illiminate the possibility of an allergic reaction (dont want someone to be frying nuts only to find the next person in line is allergic!)
This idea has a lot of potential, I can imagine it being used in third world communities...
Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:34 AM
Monday an updated design post!
Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:57 PM
In addition to the Meet&Eat unit there is a demand for seating and trashcans so the environment stays clean. In the same design style, a combined bench and trash, table and table seatings. Words or sentences can be used on elements to trigger people to talk to eachother. Often people are shy, so these sentences give them an 'excuse' to speak to someone.
Still, all feedback is welcome everyone!
- shyamal likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users