11 replies to this topic

#1 tbalaguer

tbalaguer

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

Here is my portfolio. Let me know what you think!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 tbalaguer

tbalaguer

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • streamliner likes this

#3 tbalaguer

tbalaguer

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

Demo Reel

Attached Files

• streamliner likes this

#4 Bustifurr

Bustifurr

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Id
    Skateboarding
  • At:Home

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Wicket lovin it man.

I skate so going to comment on the two skate related products.

The shoes, very cool, nike came into the skateindustry with a bang.

Check out http://www.suprafootwear.com/, skate owned for skaters.

Also super suede, DC first used it, better than suede, tried to find the add, just google it.

Check out vulcanized outsole, new tech which is the best stuff for skate shoes, sticks alot more and is very soft.

The bench, if it is for skaters try and put coping on the two top edges, will make it into a grind box aswell as a mannie pad.

#5 cash68

cash68

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Interests:Cars. Boats. Vintage stereos. Dogs. Design. Skiing.
  • At:BjorktenBit7

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

If by supersuede you mean alcantara, I'm not sure they're the first that used it. Anyway, portfolio looks wicked, and given that you are a professional, not sure what you want. Looks great, looks professional. Are you looking for ways to improve it?

#6 tbalaguer

tbalaguer

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Thanks for all the great suggestions!
I checked out your link to the Suprafootwear website, and I really dig it. I'm going to really look into this material/technology. I will definitely make some changes to my materials for the Nike shoe concept.

It's funny you also mentioned adding coping on the top edges of my table because I had originally designed this table to be grindable. The reason why I removed the metal coping was because the cost would have been significantly higher for the end user; since my target market revolves around skateboarders (who are most likely not rich), I came to the conclusion that there would be a lot more demand for this product if the cost was lower. I also thought that a large number of people who would potentially buy this table would be living in apartments. You probably wouldn't want to take this grindable table up and down more than two flights of stairs, every time you go out for a skate session. Then again if this was redesigned for a skatepark I wouldn't think twice to raise the cost strengthen the table/bench/grind box and make the entire thing practically indestructible!

Wicket lovin it man.

I skate so going to comment on the two skate related products.

The shoes, very cool, nike came into the skateindustry with a bang.

Check out http://www.suprafootwear.com/, skate owned for skaters.

Also super suede, DC first used it, better than suede, tried to find the add, just google it.

Check out vulcanized outsole, new tech which is the best stuff for skate shoes, sticks alot more and is very soft.

The bench, if it is for skaters try and put coping on the two top edges, will make it into a grind box aswell as a mannie pad.

#7 tbalaguer

tbalaguer

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

Thank you for the positive feedback!

The reason why I posted my portfolio is because I believe I can still improve it. All of this work was done when I was a student (I cannot show any of the work I have done professionally). I also should let you know I am currently a freelance designer but I graduated less than a year ago, so I'm basically an entry level designer. In other words I feel like there is still a lot I can improve upon.

I'm looking forward to hear what other people think!

If by supersuede you mean alcantara, I'm not sure they're the first that used it. Anyway, portfolio looks wicked, and given that you are a professional, not sure what you want. Looks great, looks professional. Are you looking for ways to improve it?

#8 RShook

RShook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

I saw the furniture model around school. It's a really great looking model of it, but here in your portfolio, at first glance it looks as if its just another 3d rendering. If your model making skills are something you want to show I think it might be worth it to have a page or two about the process of designing these projects rather than just the final result.

#9 tbalaguer

tbalaguer

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:31 AM

You make a very good point!
I do have a research book with a one page overview of my model making process; It wouldn't hurt to integrate this page in an additional spread. I suppose the main reason why this page did not make it to my portfolio is because I wanted to keep this project to four spreads. But you are right, building a scale one to one prototype was a major part of this project and it does show a skill-set which is not displayed in any other projects I have in my portfolio. I will definitely work on a model making process spread. Thank you for bringing it up!

I saw the furniture model around school. It's a really great looking model of it, but here in your portfolio, at first glance it looks as if its just another 3d rendering. If your model making skills are something you want to show I think it might be worth it to have a page or two about the process of designing these projects rather than just the final result.

Attached Files

• streamliner likes this

#10 joconnell

joconnell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

Great portfolio, a really nice variety of ideas and skills.
I love the table/chair idea and agree with Rshook,
its worth adding those table process images to the folio.

#11 emo angel

emo angel

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

nice work...

#12 GonzoInventor

GonzoInventor

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

I'm liking the table and chairs. Very much. I believe the phrase is: "Shut up, and take my money."
Hi, I'm Duncan. I run a small creative studio in Haarlem where I design things, listen to music, tweet, blog and drink a lot of tea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store