Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Jamie Hope

Questions For Any Cad/fea Designers

Dear reader

My name is Jamie Hope and I am currently in my third year of University studying ‘Product Design and Innovation’ at the University of Wolverhampton. For one of the modules I am undertaking, I am required to look at possible jobs and which career path I wish to embark upon graduating University.

I am not looking for a Job or clients, I am looking to increase my knowledge and understanding of the career path that I will soon be partaking. I am looking for people in the career path I have chosen to fill out a couple of questions below.

The career path I am looking at is for jobs that use CAD/FEA technology as I wish to become a CAD/FEA designer/engineer.

If you are a person who works along this career path, I would be most grateful if you could spend a couple of minutes answering the following questions:

1) What Qualifications do you need?

2) What training did you have to go through to get where you are now?

3) When did you get your first job relating to your current career path?

4) How long did it take you to get to where you are currently at in your career?

5) What do you think differentiates you from other applicants when applying for jobs?

6) How much of the engineering knowledge you gained through further education do you use in a job?

7) What does a typical day’s work include?

Thank you

Jamie Hope