Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
BeavCo

Beavco Portfolio

Hi

You have some nice high quality work here, but their ant enough on display.

I am not trying to cut you down here ok but your navigation is wrong it doesn’t make sense imho eg. Shop? Are you trying to sell something or are you displaying your work? Or is this a business/consultancy you are trying to set up? Your portfolio should showcase you work and projects that you have completed. Not advisement the use of software.

Hi

You have some nice high quality work here, but their ant enough on display.

I am not trying to cut you down here ok but your navigation is wrong it doesn’t make sense imho eg. Shop? Are you trying to sell something or are you displaying your work? Or is this a business/consultancy you are trying to set up? Your portfolio should showcase you work and projects that you have completed. Not advisement the use of software.

First off thanks for your comments and critique. You are absolutely correct, there is not nearly enough content yet. I am still setting up my site, and have lots more content to add. The link I posted filters the content by tag, so that only the designs that I have created. The links across the top do the same thing for their respective categories. As far as the shop, I do have a separate store in which I have a few 3d models, and rendering materials available for download - mainly stuff for the jewelry industry. I also offer training in Rhino. I'm trying to work out the best way to display all of this on my site, and still have lots of work to do.

As of now, I'm using Wordpress to power my site, and it is more or less a blog. I'm using the tags to filter out the categories. This is probably not the best way to display my works, and hopefully after I get my main site done, I'll set up a better portfolio.

Again, thanks for having a look, and for the feedback. There's lots of great stuff here, and I will certainly keep reading.

Regards.

What's with the name? What do beavers have to do with jewelry?

What's with the name? What do beavers have to do with jewelry?

LOL, great question. My nickname is "the beav" - When I was younger I looked like Beaver Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver. I blame my family - they gave me the name and it stuck. So, beavers have absolutely nothing to do with jewelry, but more to do with me.