Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
JenJaw

Shoe Sketches

Hello,

I'm really trying to work on my sketching atm and I did a little self project on a shoe design for women thats mixing the idea of urban hi-top trainers and walking shoes as an exercise.

I just wanted some feedback really, where could i improve and anything that I need to focus on.

LINK:

Ideation Sketches

Thank you!

Nice little sketches, although some are a little confusing :)

What ones would you say are confusing?

Also i rendered up a pair that i liked on photoshop, what do think of them?

post-49164-0-33707900-1299765085.jpg

Hi Jenjaw

I have to agree with mart2010uk looks a bit confusing, I do like a the white side render of the shoe, but I think the spiral sole part and the leaf shaped material you have used on the side don’t really blend into the shoe itself.

no one can doubt your creativity but to be totally honest, I would never wear these. Too much going on combined awkward proportions make this just unappealing.

no one can doubt your creativity but to be totally honest, I would never wear these. Too much going on combined awkward proportions make this just unappealing.

I'm still totally new to this to be honest, I'm doing an art course at the moment so i guess thats the creative side. I have too much stuff going on in my head and sometimes i go overboard on smashing it all together, i suppose this is an example, though it was really just a sketching and rendering exercise to begin with.

But i do really appreciate your comments, they can only help me get better :)

Hey :), when I said confusing I mean the red sketches, you seem to get an idea of a shape then change your mind quite quickly and move onto the next. Would be nice to see some different angles of the same design to be able to fully understand your intentions. Looks nice but needs work on the textures to make them look more realistic, like you say will improve with practice. The designs remind me of Chinese/Japanese style for some reason :)

Not bad for just starting on something like this. I design shoes and I started just like you did just sketching and having fun with it. what helps is really looking at how shoes are built,the proportions used in footwear and most of all the details(stitching makes sketches look much more real). Those three things will help really boost your sketches. Keep up the good work also check out this great sketch tutorial on footwear SHOE VIDEO

My coroflot has a bunch of footwear stuff too if your interested My Coroflot hope this helps

honestly i think the styles are a lil masculine... women wont like them~ its also kinda avant-guarde~ to a fault... doesnt really feel like it can exist outta pic and in reality...

besides its very hard to keep clean and they wont look as nice as new after a short time which is sth girls wont favor...

after all its not bad idea but maybe not for female walking shoes...perhaps basketball shoes?

Here are some footwear concept sketches. The techniques used to create these sketches are available at renderdemo[dot]com website.

Hope you like them. Please let me know your thoughts and if you want to see more specific images.

post-53462-0-26984700-1318532078.png

post-53462-0-13089500-1318532194.png

I'm still totally new to this to be honest, I'm doing an art course at the moment so i guess thats the creative side. I have too much stuff going on in my head and sometimes i go overboard on smashing it all together, i suppose this is an example, though it was really just a sketching and rendering exercise to begin with.

But i do really appreciate your comments, they can only help me get better smile.gif

you should check out renderdemo.com. There are some footwear design rendering tutorials that you might benefit from. They focus on design and you can see a short sample video clip from the actual tutorial. Let me know if they help.