Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
raja

Ty Nant Bottle Design

hi,

can anyone help me how to model this "ty nant" bottle in solidworks or rhino , i am trying to make something similar free form shape in solidworks with out sucess,

post-49781-0-32864000-1299410175.jpg

In rhino you would want to use curvature settings in the curves to get the smooth bumps. I am not to great only basic skills but I think would be sweeps and lots of them. Hope this helps bit as I say I am not a master of rhino

I'm thinking more like one big cylindrical surface, with plenty of control points and then a lot of pushing and pulling those control vertices. Solidworks may just be doable as well, create a cylinder and extrude it, then use the Freeform feature and add lots of curves and points on those curves, then push and pull.

I would probably use Rhino w/ T-Splines if possible. T-Splines really excels at capturing the organic geometry, while keeping all the surfaces tangent.

Here's a video from their site on making a bottle, although not exactly the same.

http://www.tsplines.com/tutorials-blog/393-bottle.html

Also, any of the webinars and/or tutorials would be helpful in learning this shape.