Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
batalela

Sreet Furniture

My link

This is my Design and patent named Billboard bench. Billboard bench is the new medium of outdoor advertising. Innovation is its use-value. When a Billboard bench is not used for seating, the seat is in a vertical position and reveals an area for advertising. When used for seating, the seat is in a horizontal position. After using the bench, the seat itself back into a vertical position under the influence of gravity, and reinvents the advertising area.Unlike most "multi-practices"solutions, Billboard bench combines two functions on the advanced mode, in which no billboard or bench "does not stumble" with each other. On the contrary, Billboard bench brings new features such as:-Taking up little space in the exterior and interior (waiting rooms, bus and metro station)-The seat is dry after rain, and snow days.Because of these advantages, Billboard bench is a very useful commercial product, which aims to provide citizens a quality and a modern bench. The city will not spend the funds for setting up new and maintaining old seat, but the bench to earn funds for the city.

post-49144-0-60226900-1297341788.jpg

post-49144-0-07315800-1297341815.jpg

post-49144-0-78705200-1297342976.jpg

I agree with ROA890. I really like this design, it's very clean and also decorative with the picture under the seat. To be constructive I think that some wood could be added to the backrest maybe? Imo metal is cold and hard, I'd prefer to lean against wood instead of metal :) Don't know if it would be worth the work though.. and it was just a thought :) anyway excellent work!

Aesthetically simple solution, contains many technical problems.

The first and main problem is the special hinge for this purpose which must meet the following requirements:

- should be strong

- should be interchangeable, which means that is mounted with screws

- must have a limiter for a turn of only 90 degrees

- should have a ring that provides lifetime lubrication

- should be waterproof

- should have a torsion spring to return the seat to its original position

- and to be elegant and safe to use

Another problem is the seat.

- should be easy to open and replace the poster.

- should be waterproof

- and at the same time to maintain its strength

Finally, such a product should have a competitive price.

Good idea!

Some points to consider.

It should be easy to open for seating. Over time the mechanism should not become hard to operate. Maybe some sort of lever or something.

the gaps between the wooden plant will collect dust, dirt and other sort of junk.

The advertising area is prone to defacement/vandalism, intentional or otherwise (used chewing gums, graffiti, scratches etc)

You could add swivel legs for the front on the side of the seat in case the two rear legs are not sturdy enough.

But overall I think it has good potential.

Hi,

I like the concept but have you had any feedback? The concept of producing revenue through advertising is a great idea and a fantastic selling point, I like the fact the advert only appears now and again, as it keeps it fresh and interesting. Saying that, would companies not want their advert exposed through busy times, it just seems to me that the bench would be more prone to use during these times and therefore the advert hidden from view.

Really interesting concept though!!!

I love how elegant it is, but what others have said is true: Advertisers want the adverts to be seen, and with your design they wouldn't be. If this were just about having a great looking bench it'd be fantastic but for advertising purposes I don't think it'd really cut it. If it had a back plate with a different advert on it could work (kind of like the billboards that rotate in that they would both be seen), but that'd take away from how awesome the design is.

PS: The render looks really nice.