Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Clancy0

3d Animation Software

Guest Clancy0

I am hoping to do an animation of a product to demonstrate its features and how it moves. I have done this before in solidworks 2006, but was hoping this time to have something a bit more polished looking than just using solidworks animator. My first thought was to just try animator and photoworks so it would be rendered instead of the default model space graphics. However, I was hoping to include some transparency effects that fade in and out, like in this video. Would a newer version of SW yield better results, or should I be looking at a different program entirely?

Guest neuronex

I can't say much for SW as I'm a Pro/e user. But I quite enjoyed using Cinema4d. It's easy to get to grips with, and the default renderer, especially with Global Illumination turned on, produces excellent results. I export my geometry from Pro/e as .OBJ files, then drop it into C4D ready to animate.

It might not be as powerful as Maya or Max, but it's ease of use, good renderer and suitability for product demo's make it a good choice. The gun video you linked to would be very easy to do in C4D, in quite a short time.

Guest Clancy0
I can't say much for SW as I'm a Pro/e user. But I quite enjoyed using Cinema4d. It's easy to get to grips with, and the default renderer, especially with Global Illumination turned on, produces excellent results. I export my geometry from Pro/e as .OBJ files, then drop it into C4D ready to animate.

It might not be as powerful as Maya or Max, but it's ease of use, good renderer and suitability for product demo's make it a good choice. The gun video you linked to would be very easy to do in C4D, in quite a short time.

Thanks neuronex, I'll check it out!

Guest baum

Look into MODO by luxology. they are the ones that wrote the engine for the photoview 360 renderer for sw starting with sw 2009.