Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Dansercoer

Businesses In Process Design?

I was wondering whether you guys know some creative design companies that practice business process design, more specifically the design of the primary value chain: inbound logisitics, operations, outbound logistics, marketing and sales, and service?

e.g. http://vimeo.com/12970274 (concept) or Tom Dixon because of his book "Industry" and projects like "Great Chair Grab" and "Flash Factory"

Guest Ceri
I was wondering whether you guys know some creative design companies that practice business process design, more specifically the design of the primary value chain: inbound logisitics, operations, outbound logistics, marketing and sales, and service?

e.g. http://vimeo.com/12970274 (concept) or Tom Dixon because of his book "Industry" and projects like "Great Chair Grab" and "Flash Factory"

IDEO are very happy to shout about how they design the total solution which would include all of what you are looking at. Most in house design teams will be involved in doing this as they need to tailor their designs to what is achievable for the company.

What you are asking is such a broad area can you give some hints as to what you are looking to achieve with the research. I'm guessing this is research for a student project?

Most in house design teams will be involved in doing this as they need to tailor their designs to what is achievable for the company.

What I'm after is companies that approach the design of business (processes) in a creative way, not so much the product or service in itself. This is not to be mistaken with service design, which is only one part of the value chain. But yes, IDEO is a good example.

Why am I asking? I'm currently doing an MA in Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship (design pathway) after having studied and worked in product design. I'm now looking for internship opportunities.