Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Guest anon2006

Sports And Health Related Product And Equipment Design?

Guest anon2006

Hello,

I am interested in sports and health related product design. Anyone know of companies which I could look into or how I could go about researching into this? Should I be looking for a particular sport or are there companies that design products for all kinds of sports?

Many Thanks!

P.s. not sure if this is the place to post the question...so apologies for that.

I would suggest to directly contact companies that you think you would like working for. Get the CV and portfolio ready.

Also, do not stop at the "careers" web page. Even if the company does not have a job posted, they might be interested in you.

Make the cover letter, send it to the appropriate person specifying you are interested in this kind of job. the least they will do

is put you in their database.

There are all sort of companies, the more you search, the more you'll see you will find.

Try searching for the designers of a specific product. From their CV, maybe you will find out where they work, what companies are related to the one he/she currently works at, etc... On other words, try to exploit every information you have to might lead you to what you search.

If you are in a position where an internship would be acceptable, and you would really want to work then, I'd say to give it a shot. If you are good, there is no reason why they wouldn't hire you after this period or later.

Hi,

My name is J.P. Hartigan.

I'm a product designer, specializing in educational sports products. The product we are currently launching is: "Shadowman an educational tackling system for Rugby and American Football". Our contact details on our product website : www.shadowmanrugby.com

If you would like to talk about the research we have done in this area, please get in touch. Hope we can be of some help!

Thanks,

JP

Thank you for ur help folks. Sorry for the late reply ..haven't been regular at the forum for a while now. Also, my id got lost..so i registered with a new one.

@ Constantin - thanks for the advice. Will look up designers/consultancies responsible for the design. I haven checked out consultancies who have done sports equipment design..its just I was hoping to find a studio that focuses on that.

@ Waikit - Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out Decathlon, but was unable to find a position for Industrial Designer(tho i need to look at their website more carefully..may be they have the job description under a different post or something)

@ Jp- Checked out the Shadowman. Nice job man. I used to practice MMA and I remember having an idea for a mannequin that could simulate the dynamics for body weight transfer for judo students...especially since the current mannequins are very static but i never got around to doing anything about it. I will send you a message on the website..incase you miss this one.