Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattias_nousdesign

Feedback Please

Guest mattias_nousdesign

Hi

I'm trying to get back into sketching and need dome feedback on my work. Hope you guys can help me out and give some tips and tell me what's good and what's not so good. It feels like I am doing all right with the product-sketches but haven't really nailed the Holy Grail of designers, the car, yet.

Thanks for the help. I'll start with some of the last days work

post-14008-1293536651.jpg

post-14008-1293536666.jpg

post-14008-1293536680.jpg

Hello Mattias,

Have to say man I'm loving the rendering of the cooking pots nicely done. Your shoe sketches look great too, nice linework. Searching for the Holy Grail ea, me too man. I thinking you car has just a few perspective issues. Your front wheel looks too big and the back wheel looks too small. Also maybe make the front view wider.

Here’s a nice web site I came across that deals with car proportions, look at the videos I found them helpful. http://www.drivenmavens.com/category/video-tutorials/page/3/

Hope that helps.

Guest mattias_nousdesign

Thank for the feedback. I see what you mean by the perspective with the wheels. Have to work on it. I'll post again when I have done the home-work... :)

Pretty good stuff. Cars are tough, especially if you try jumping straight into rendering. Practice a lot of just ball point pen thumbnails and really work on understanding some of the forms and surfacing intricacies and how to communicate those with just lines. It makes it a lot easier to add the color afterwards once you start understanding where the light and shadow end up on the surfaces.