Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
advancedboy

Aviation Sketches

6th generation of fighter jet.Proriger. It has a new afterburner experiment. Basically the fuel is injected directly in the exhaust plume igniting the fuel. The rear part is extended, and injection nozzles are far from exhaust.( in 2 protruded extensions, 6 nozzles on each side). It allows to play with injection distance and experiment can be conducted at what distance afterburner injection works the best, probably at higher speed we can inject fuel farther and farther away from the exhaust nozzle. besides, the thrust vectoring is inaffected, because at hihg speeds when the afterburner kicks in, you can not use thrust vectoring anyway. Thrust vectoring at high angles would veer away the jet plume alignment with afterburner nozzles. Now I am working on the front view of the same aircraft. it will have another new feature previously not used on airplanes. I forgot to mention, Iam also sketching a bicycle, might post it sometime soon.

post-49196-0-15658700-1307290539.jpg

Basically, You have to stop putting jet engine in the middle of wing (put it either below or above wing), as that is something that is not possible with materials we have now and will have in near future. (I work in aeronautical wind tunnel)

Otherwise, You have skill, and I like Your work, it is really something i like to design model for wind tunnel testings :)

There are supposedly 2 engines. and they are slanted. the intake starts from the front below and the engine goes slanted slightly at angle upwards. The problem is that the exterior stampings should be probably more prominent at the engine location places. otherwise I wanted the engines to be integrated into the fuselage to leave space around for landing gear and weapon`s bay. If I dare to ask, what airplanes have you tested or are testing in the wind tunnel? Thanks.

I do not mean that fighter plane, i mean others civil planes with motors in middle of wing plane.

I can tell only about two of my aircraft models Seagull G4 and Lasta 95, other models are confidential so i can't share any info about them. This is where i work: link.

This is next generation trainer jet Boeing T-X Tyro. The instructor is not actually even sitting in the jet. He is controlling and duplicating all control systems at the remote command center. Another novelty is another visual stealth improvement. Inlet nozzles usually are painted white so visually shadows wouldn`t cast such black spots inside the vents. This jet has a simple principle of lighting inside the inlet nozzles that is changing it`s luminosity depending on light conditions outside. A simple, inexpensive lighting system could improve visual stealth from front view. During nighttime the lighting is redundant, of course. personally I think this jet lacks unique design, but anyway...the journey continues:)

post-49196-0-82937600-1309897696.jpg

Aurora. Low speed approach and landing experiment. This is a version with swivel wings. Streamlined wings are good for high speed, yet it causes problems for landing, as it requires higher speeds for landing, thus necessitating longer runways. And for a spy plane we don`t want a long runway. I think, there is no need for the whole wing to be swiveled as it would cause problems for any surface attachments. the part of the wing goes under the hull, so when the wing is swiveled out, it also increases the air cushion area, not only the leading edge. In this configuration this airplane could be also used for lower speed cruising or carrying heavier equipment. I am also working on a new helicopter design, which will incorporate a new principle of rudder control.

post-49196-0-25842600-1310464610.jpg