Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lodesign

3d Rendering: Pros & Cons

Guest Lodesign

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if you can tell me which are the main advantages and the biggest limits of a 3D RENDERING.

Apart from watching on the screen a creative idea for a project of Industrial Design, how can you turn it into something real?

Many times the product of your work doesn't correspond with what you have seen on your pc.

Do you know any technology that can overcome this type of limits?

Guest Lodesign
This is why there is such a thing as rapid prototyping. A physical object to hold is always more valuable than a shiny picture on a screen.

Hi Cyberdemon,

what you say is so true and honestly I've seen spectacular things in terms of rapid prototyping this year at EUROMOLD 2010.

The main problem is that sometimes you can't do the prototype of your job. Our service is to make superficial textures on moulds for plastic or rubber objects with laser technology and you can't make a prototype of a finishing!

Our clients however expect to see the preview of the engraving on the mould. This is why we have managed to create a completely digital process called D.R.E. - DESIGN RENDERING ENGINEERING, in order to chek every step of the work and above all to allow the client to watch on the screen what will be the real final result.

The traditional method with acid couldn't guarantee the perfect correspondence between 3D Rendering and final product.

It's hard work, but our clients are very satisfied and that's why we want to improve our skills to do always better