Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomleedsdes

Random Sketches - Products, Aliens And Spaceships

Guest tomleedsdes

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to improve my sketching and rendering at the moment with a sketch-a-day (inspired by the idsketching!) Would be great to get some thoughts / crits on my work and any resources you've found useful etc. Here's a few to start with...

post-14086-1292021388.jpg

Guest tomleedsdes

just looking through the forum looks like there's a couple of sketch-a-day type posts so glad I'm adding to the sketching fun! Here's another one, please don't hesitate to leave comments or crits!

btw I'm posting all my sketch-a-day sketches in an album on facebook so if anyone's interested in seeing them just go to my page: http://www.facebook.com/tomshirleydesign. Happy to accept friends requests, anything that adds to more design inspiration and dialogue!

post-14086-1292091283.jpg

Guest tomleedsdes

Here's a bit of Photoshop rendering, not really a sketch but would be good to see what you guys think :)

post-14086-1292182906.jpg

Guest Arturo Arino

Really nice work man!

keep on sketching , I like your style in the first 3, the last 2 are good but you need to work out with your perspective. I see a problem...

that everything is very isometric , try forcing a bit more your perspective and you'll get better sketches and more dynamic results.

Its always good taking a look at how the pros do it...

Look at this guys porfolio, he used to be my teacher.

http://www.coroflot.com/tavera/portfolio?k...nso+tavera&

Guest tomleedsdes

Thanks for the advice! Yea spent a while trying to make the table lighting look realistic and completely forgot to give it a more dynamic perspective :) !

Guest tomleedsdes

And here's another! thought I'd try something a bit different, organic lighting...thoughts?

post-14086-1292622997.jpg

Guest Arturo Arino

That is good !

I think thats how I always start my sketches, with those kind of doodles, so then i can generate the good sketches...

try to pick one of those and make it with white background and without lightning, remember that a lamp is not always ON and when its OFF i has to look good too!

Guest Nick Madsen

Hey there,

Im really feeling your first few sketches of the monsters, etc. Although I think if you went back with a nice medium felt tip it would really help to clean everything up and finish them. Some line weight could really help.

Really tho, nice work. I need to give that type of sketching a try.

Guest tomleedsdes

Thanks for all the comments!

Cheers for the lineweight comment, I think your right about that, I'll add some thinkness variation to my next set of sketches!