I'm A Chinese College Student,i Desire To Study This!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Coeus_*

Guest_Coeus_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

My major is computer science, but I really don't like it ╭(╯^╰)╮I want to get a master degree of industrial design or something about CG technology,however,in traditional chinese eyes, this is just a major "for fun" or "not decent",so I decide go abroad to continue study.O(∩_∩)O~

I am preparing for my language examination hardly o(╯□╰)o do you have some advises for me? Ill be very happy if someone can give me advise~~like what should I learn in advance, where can provide master degree of industrial design or CG technology education

Although I know there is no necessary to get a diploma, many training institutes can provide certification and education,but...actually,my families didn't think this was a good idea until I promised I would go back home with a higher degree, they think master degree is important no matter what major I take ╮(╯_╰)╭ anyway,this factor make me be able to pay my tuition now ╮(╯▽╰)╭ I can not afford to pay for it by myself~~~o(>_<)o~~~

thank you for reading this (>^ω^<)

#2 Guest_hkenso_*

Guest_hkenso_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

My major is computer science, but I really don't like it ╭(╯^╰)╮I want to get a master degree of industrial design or something about CG technology,however,in traditional chinese eyes, this is just a major "for fun" or "not decent",so I decide go abroad to continue study.O(∩_∩)O~

I am preparing for my language examination hardly o(╯□╰)o do you have some advises for me? Ill be very happy if someone can give me advise~~like what should I learn in advance, where can provide master degree of industrial design or CG technology education

Although I know there is no necessary to get a diploma, many training institutes can provide certification and education,but...actually,my families didn't think this was a good idea until I promised I would go back home with a higher degree, they think master degree is important no matter what major I take ╮(╯_╰)╭ anyway,this factor make me be able to pay my tuition now ╮(╯▽╰)╭ I can not afford to pay for it by myself~~~o(>_<)o~~~

how's it going? i used to be a CS major when i was at college, but it's too black + white for me, and i couldn't imagine myself doing this for the rest of my life, so i've decided to switch to something new. i was lucky enough to be introduced by a graphic designer from ford to a school here in los angeles, and later as i developed my portfolio for this school, i've decided to apply as a product design major, and i'm happy with the decision...

where are you coming from? the school i attended supposed to be one of the best in the nation, however, when i went back to HK an my relatives realized my major was design, none of them seem to be too happy... and neither did the friends of my gf at the time thought it was a good idea. but since i'm so determine that i'm doing it for myself and not others, i cared less of what other thinks, and i'm glad w/ my own decision cause i have a life...

here's a few schools that are pretty good, but you must be cautious of how long it'll take to complete the program and how much is it gonna cost...

art center college of design
rhode island school of design
california college of the arts
university of cincinnati
california state university, long beach

i'm sure there's more from other states or even other countries, it just happens that these are what pops up in my head, so you might wanna do more research about it...

good luck...

#3 Guest_Coeus_*

Guest_Coeus_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:48 AM

how's it going? i used to be a CS major when i was at college, but it's too black + white for me, and i couldn't imagine myself doing this for the rest of my life, so i've decided to switch to something new. i was lucky enough to be introduced by a graphic designer from ford to a school here in los angeles, and later as i developed my portfolio for this school, i've decided to apply as a product design major, and i'm happy with the decision...

where are you coming from? the school i attended supposed to be one of the best in the nation, however, when i went back to HK an my relatives realized my major was design, none of them seem to be too happy... and neither did the friends of my gf at the time thought it was a good idea. but since i'm so determine that i'm doing it for myself and not others, i cared less of what other thinks, and i'm glad w/ my own decision cause i have a life...

here's a few schools that are pretty good, but you must be cautious of how long it'll take to complete the program and how much is it gonna cost...

art center college of design
rhode island school of design
california college of the arts
university of cincinnati
california state university, long beach

i'm sure there's more from other states or even other countries, it just happens that these are what pops up in my head, so you might wanna do more research about it...

good luck...

中国香港的?曾经计算机专业的?T^T亲人啊~~~我是辽宁大连的~~~学校肯定没香港的那边好,但是我也不敢想下半辈子看着黑白代码的生活啊!!!谢谢你评论了这么多!!!你给了我无比的信心,原本一直在担心转专业没人要的事情。。。既然有成功的范例就太好了~~~也许我不会去太好的学校,但是我可以肯定我喜欢这个专业!!奋斗ing

#4 Guest_hkenso_*

Guest_hkenso_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

中国香港的?曾经计算机专业的?T^T亲人啊~~~我是辽宁大连的~~~学校肯定没香港的那边好,但是我也不敢想下半辈子看着黑白代码的生活啊!!!谢谢你评论了这么多!!!你给了我无比的信心,原本一直在担心转专业没人要的事情。。。既然有成功的范例就太好了~~~也许我不会去太好的学校,但是我可以肯定我喜欢这个专业!!奋斗ing
[/quote]

sorry for the late reply, I wasn't being notified... go w/ what you enjoy doing, and don't let cultural burden stop you. although I almost did, I managed to run over the psychological obstacle w/ my passion in product design... btw, if you've decided to apply for design schools, you might wanna do further research to see if they require a portfolio, since many of them do... if possible, put the worries aside, since it's not gonna do you any good anyway...

yup, I'm also working hard here trying to move back home (HK), this is the only way for me to be able to get home... life in shenzhen sometime can be better than here in the u.s., at least not as boring back there... and definitely worse than HK in many ways...

best luck...

#5 Guest_Coeus_*

Guest_Coeus_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

sorry for the late reply, I wasn't being notified... go w/ what you enjoy doing, and don't let cultural burden stop you. although I almost did, I managed to run over the psychological obstacle w/ my passion in product design... btw, if you've decided to apply for design schools, you might wanna do further research to see if they require a portfolio, since many of them do... if possible, put the worries aside, since it's not gonna do you any good anyway...

yup, I'm also working hard here trying to move back home (HK), this is the only way for me to be able to get home... life in shenzhen sometime can be better than here in the u.s., at least not as boring back there... and definitely worse than HK in many ways...

best luck...
==============

thank you,my friend,best wishes for you

#6 Guest_rickeyxiong_*

Guest_rickeyxiong_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

best luck...
==============

thank you,my friend,best wishes for you

Happy for your decision. I come from Xiamen.

Design will become more and more popular. I am sure. Creative people will have more chance. Believe it!

Good luck!

#7 phzy2003

phzy2003

Level 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:industrial design, photography

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

哈,我是海南的。现在澳洲,高中最后一年,我也准备选择工业设计这个专业!但是家人朋友都说这行薪资低,市场也不景气,啊啊啊,纠结啊。

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users