Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest amorle

Exploded View Of Toy Camaro

Guest amorle

Hey This is my Final Project for My MFG & Assembly Techniques Class, Its a Road Rippers Camaro I purchased at Walmart for $5. Any good workable advice would be appreciated. I have been waiting to get a project like this. Ever since I was young I used to open old toys finally I am doing it because I have to :)

Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator CS5

exploded_view_of_toy_camaro_by_amorle-d325ipt.jpg

Only small critique I have, is that you probably can create more depth in this exploded view picture.

For example, the outline of the motor has the same thickness as the outline for the carbody. Therefore the body does not pop out enough. The background is fancy, but it is not helping to add depth of your total illustration. I would use one color tone, that is gradient from light to dark (light at the top, so the carbody pops out more, and dark at the bottom, so the parts that are beneath the body is feeling farther away). Hope this makes sense.

Overall, fantastic rendering and linework!

The background is a problem. Waikit had all the right answers. Also your use of space doesn't seem to get the most out of the page.

Your Logo should be much smaller and not take up 1/3 of the space.

Don't feel like I'm picking on you but your logo isn't that great. The "tag style" lettering isn't done well. Unless you do graffiti and do it well, you should go with something different.

I think the "A" by itself is a much stronger symbol!!

The underside of the car looks really nice! Good luck!

-