Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sinseak

a classic car

Guest sinseak

Hi, it's the first time i post a message on (or in ??) this forum. I'm a french student in an engenieering school.

Here you can see my second sketch with phtoshop. I know that it's a little bit classic but i have to start with something simple.

Perhaps you could comment it. What's wrong with this car? :)

tchao

post-5-1116100748.jpg

Guest sinseak

I have change a few things.

Which one do you prefer?

did the perspective work?

post-5-1116145911.jpg

the perspective at the front of the car is far off! try to find and examine some real car photos of the same perspective and you might find out what is wrong :)

Guest sinseak

I have to make a "fisheye" view.

I don t know if i can say "fisheye"???

But i don't find any photo of car with that kind of view.

Yes, if you compare with the photo, the nose of your car drawing is much too compressed, unless you really use a strong lens...

Guest madiseo

Window reflection is unnatural. You could find a lot of sources from the web site.

---> conceptcar.co.uk

Check this out.

Guest cmegens

You shouldn't really try to sketch cars already, since you don't understand the basics of perspective. There is no need of trying to make nice rendered cars, when you can't even draw a perspective true box.

But since you are already heading the wrong way, we might try some damage control. I've drawn some perspective lines on the chrysler car to show you how perspective works. Notice that when you extrapolate the lines, they will all knot together in the same point on the left and right of the car. Best info on perspective drawing is made by scott robertson, a true guru. Here is the link: http://www.drawthrough.com/tutorials/index.html

So now I have a challange for you. Examine the perspective rules, and then try to draw perspective lines in your rendering on the same way as I did with the chrysler. Post that image here, together with your conclusions. Then redraw the car, with the right perspective.

In the end, the best way to learn how to draw: practise, practise, practise, and then some more practise.

Hope you will take up the challange. It will help you.

Regards

Carl