Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
cash68

Selecting Multiple Corners With Fillet Setbacks (solidworks)

So lately I've been trying to use the fillet setback corner options in Solidworks. I like it a lot, you can get some very attractive corners in almost no time, but what's stumping me is that I'm not sure how you're supposed to select multiple corners. I'm doing the top edge of what is basically a box, and I can do the two opposite corners using the fillet setback method, but the other two corners already have fillets by the time I've selected the edges of the box, and they look like garbage.

Basically, is there a way to select multiple vertices using the fillet setback command?

Make sure that the corners you wish to set-back have three edges being filleted that are going into that corner, it needs at least 3 edges for the setback to work.

Did you even read my question?

Guest JD Mather

Try this, turn off tangent propagation so that you have to select the edges. (Actually you can turn tangent propagation back on after selecting the 3 edges for each vertex if that will help get the remaining edges without a bunch of clicking.)

It should now allow you to choose as many vertices as you need.

(You don't really need to turn off tangent propagation if you realize that tangent propagation does not relieve you of the need to actually click on each of those edges shown in first image even with tangent propagation on.)

If this doesn't solve your problem - attach your file here.

....the other two corners already have fillets....

Sometimes the ordering of fillets can be maddening to get the desired results.

Search Google for ed eaton dimonte group curvy stuff tutorials, there is at least one on complex fillets.

post-10848-1285272745.png

Try this, turn off tangent propagation so that you have to select the edges. (Actually you can turn tangent propagation back on after selecting the 3 edges for each vertex if that will help get the remaining edges without a bunch of clicking.)

It should now allow you to choose as many vertices as you need.

(You don't really need to turn off tangent propagation if you realize that tangent propagation does not relieve you of the need to actually click on each of those edges shown in first image even with tangent propagation on.)

If this doesn't solve your problem - attach your file here.

....the other two corners already have fillets....

Sometimes the ordering of fillets can be maddening to get the desired results.

Search Google for ed eaton dimonte group curvy stuff tutorials, there is at least one on complex fillets.

Thank you!

Just googled for this again, and found my own topic. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!