Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest designer darrin

Extract Model From 3d Pdf

Guest designer darrin

I created some 3d pdfs of models I had created in SW2009 and now would like to extract them to render etc for portfolio. I no longer work at the place where I modelled them so have no access to original cad files

anyone help?

cheers

Guest diskclaimer
I created some 3d pdfs of models I had created in SW2009 and now would like to extract them to render etc for portfolio. I no longer work at the place where I modelled them so have no access to original cad files

anyone help?

cheers

I think you will have to remodel them. There is no way that i know of to extract the data from a 3d pdf file.

Hi darrin,

Here is an extract from Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended 9 help,

If the geometry of a 3D model is converted using a PRC B-rep conversion setting, you can export and use it in CAM and CAE applications. Geometry is translated directly to standard file formats that comply with published specifications: IGES, ParaSolid, STEP, VRML, and STL.

post-22000-1283492683.png

Cheers

Guest designer darrin

pretty sure I tried the right click option but dont think solidworks allows it when its exported but will have another look, simlab looks interesting. will download the trial

will let you know the outcome

Darrin

Guest designer darrin
pretty sure I tried the right click option but dont think solidworks allows it when its exported but will have another look, simlab looks interesting. will download the trial

will let you know the outcome

Darrin

SIMLAB worked a treat_brilliant! thanks for your help guys and no t all 3d pdf files can be saved from directly within like mine and this is where SIMLAB was perfect. I totally recommend

regards

Darrin