Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris S.

2d Logo To 3d Solidworks ?

Guest Chris S.

Well a couple years ago I designed a logo by hand and now need to make it into 3D. All it is, is a ingot however when I drew it up the proportions weren't correct and trying to recreate it now is being a little difficult. As normally I would just creat the side profile and extrude, then add a couple cuts and fillets and be done. But as I said the proportions are not right and I am have a difficult time re-creating it in solidworks 2008.

Anyone have any suggestions??

post-5755-1281627433.jpg

Well a couple years ago I designed a logo by hand and now need to make it into 3D. All it is, is a ingot however when I drew it up the proportions weren't correct and trying to recreate it now is being a little difficult. As normally I would just creat the side profile and extrude, then add a couple cuts and fillets and be done. But as I said the proportions are not right and I am have a difficult time re-creating it in solidworks 2008.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Do you need to animate this? Is there a reason you couldn't just trace it in Illustrator and colorize to give the 3D appearance?

Otherwise: I would un-distort the top of the shape so it is planar, then bring that into SW and extrude it.

If the proportions aren't right, you should just be able to tweak that initial sketch to get it correct. You may also need to adjust the perspective camera to adjust the focal length to get the perspective correct.

Seems like it would be pretty easy. Maybe post up your result so we can understand where you're having a problem.

Guest Karl Baxter

Are you sure you want to do it? Unless it needs to be animated there is no point