Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mola667

Finished Shower Design

Guest Steppenwolf1980

It's a really cool idea to make a shower which looks like a pill. I like it :) There are just two things you might think about again: First, aren't that blue clamps holding the showers a bit thin? I mean, if I stepped in there I asked myself if this shower can carry my weight.... The second thing is the red color on the lower half. It might look a bit like the cabin is filled with blood... but maybe I'm a bit paranoid ;) Good work, keep it up!

Hehe, blood.. yeah perhaps you don't need to stick to the typical colour schemes of those pills... what would say a combination of blue's look like?

Also, does the shower rest on the floor or does it hover a bit? To have it hover would be awesome of course, and make cleaning of the floor even easier ;) You'd need some really heavy duty supports then of course.

Btw, do you think you can somehow improve those strong shadows? It makes it really hard to see through your shapes..

Guest mola667

Well I dunno if remind blood exactly, i didnt noticed at least. Anyway, u could choose ur own color combination, polycarbonate panels has all spectrum. I thought about a blue combination yet, i know is more "relax" colors and i guess it fit better in a WC than a strong red.

About the frames, they has no weight load really, all the weigth of the user are loaded at the bottom piece, in the next render u can see it well. The horizontal frames only "hug" the rings where are based the rails, where the panels fits into...I have to make a few more renders to explain it well, and also some cuts. ANyway the frames only support torsion, horizontal loads, not weight.

I hope i has explained this well.

I was thinking to map some kind of pharmaceutical prescription at panels with some text about pills .

More renders are coming, my laptop is quite slow.

The next renders are only structural, panels are out.

Guest wenxiang

just a suggestion.. u might make it without the structure to the wall, it could just be a stand alone structure.. =)

Guest mola667

Yeh it could be nice, maybe with a few modifications...but this one is done to be fixed at wall, as the water intakes must be in a side.

Guest agpop

i like the blue one without red.

Could u use some texture (sandblast like) on the bottom part of the shower to add privacy? :D

It would look a bit like your original concept, the pill, but more subtle than a color change.