Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Gmc Grand Sasquatch

Guest Woppo
If I used any other car as reference point I would state so.
Rofl. I bet u never seen this before right? Perspective, front ...

post-22329-1283027646.jpg

No, I haven`t seen that one. It is not a concept by a car company, probably, otherwise I would know it. And if you are implying of copying something, then it is not true. I don`t copy. And I don`t use undlerlays, and I don`t look at any images while sketching or `painting`. At the same time there are some slight similarities. I think my concept is not as good as this one.I observe cars just to study principles of design. I have noticed in many cases that sketches look better, than the final rendering, and I can`t figure it out what am I missing. is it the lighting problem, or I don`t know...

here is a rough sketch of Military bus for Oshkosh.

post-28725-1283073409.jpg

this is probably your best one yet. I can see some improvement with this.

This is also a good perspective to draw a vehicle from as it has a better dynamic then a high top down view like some of your other designs.

post-3821-1283185322.jpg

Guest Jon Vino

Might i suggest that although your rendering skill are certainly coming along, to stop with rendering, and just go back to practicing basics. It seems that practicing drawing cubes, and basic 'building block' style shapes in perspective would improve your pictures hugely. Many of them don't seem to conform to basic perspective. There are tons of sites that show and explain the basics. I'm trying to improve my drawing and alongside some more fun and interesting pictures, i'm still practicing drawing the 'primatives' - spheres, cones, pyramids, cylinders, cubes. When it was explained to me that almost every object can be broken down into these basic shapes, and then 'sculpted' and edited to get the detail, it made a huge difference. Please go back to basics!

Sssssstang! An amendment to `horsing around` entry in Webster`s.

(I am also practising a bit cones, a bit cubes, a bit rocks, a smooth sippin`.:D)) I am slowly also getting into Solidworkz. ) But seriously I am practising simpler shapes as well just to practice perspective.

post-28725-1285491933.jpg

Motorola Earth`nd`moon phone. i think I will add a rotating bezel around the screen for a compass.This phone should also have ebb and tide indicators similar to one`s used in some Timex watches. I think we can merge some features of wristwatches with mobile phones, as both of them have outgrown their original status . the red circle around the M logo is for battery charge. the biggest red circle( not the one around the screen) shows the ebb/tide status. it slides from one direction to other depending on moon`s gravity showing e/t. I forgot to mention, the round screen would have a rotating picture of earth, and the shadow would be sliding over it depending on where your location is, this would allow you to see if people on other continents are sleeping or awake and that would be very easily done as the program could be jacked together with the clock.

post-28725-1286563124.jpg

Dodge Ramerica. Anti-depressant. Pro-perspirant. ( this one`s under construction, but will have to wait a bit.)

post-28725-1286545430.jpg