Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
advancedboy

Gmc Grand Sasquatch

Guest lokilabs

I have to say for some reason all of your vehicles look the same. I think it has something to do with your extruded forms.

I know, I know, I design cars that suck, and vacuum cleaners that don`t. Anyhowz, here is a Dodge Conference in half way through, so I decided to post it before I mess it up. Add some suggestions, ideas , so I can contnue working on it tomorrow. But ` don`t get crazy`( Bon Qui Qui), remember I am somewhat limited and dumb as well. it is not added yet, but the idea is that half of the roof will be a slide -off creating a shelter roof, . let`s see how that turns out. My idea was to design this van somewhat germanesque, meaning quality + boredom.

Situation. You are driving( in this van) to a Hyatt or some motel. Wife`s calling. Where are you? Honey , I am gonna be late, I am in a conference. Lying? Nope.:)))))

P.S. If all goes as planned I am starting private lessons( taking not giving, duuuh) on Solidworks in 3-4 weeks.^_^

post-28725-1281290423.jpg

Guest lokilabs

I completely agree with halocooter! I have seen some other interesting designs in the past but not so much with the cars. If design is your passion and you cannot give up designing cars then by all means continue but try to design based on some different forms. One of the things I found that works really well is to use nature silouhettes. Its amazing the breadth of form, structure and functionality found if utilizing biomimicry.

Guest Dsign Ranger

As a matter of personal aesthetics taste, the last vehicle (Toyota concept) seems the most appealing, because it is curvaceous, in contrast to the top two, especially the topmost vehicle, which are a bit too boxy in appearance. The "Dodge Conference" isn't bad overall, but it it appears that the front window screen goes a little too far into the roof, especially when compared to the side front pillar. Perhaps that is the intention here? What medium or software are you using on these sketches, if you don't mind my asking?!

white paper, no underlay, pen, usually blue. Then sketchpro, basically painting as I have no skills, and no clue. At least so far.he he,.

Take this Copernicus. The earth might revolve around the Sun, but it evolves around Mercury. Nex Gen Mercury Villager.

post-28725-1282418783.jpg

A car your mother doesn`t need to know you have. GM Choreo.

Step 1: Take the front end of a Nissan GTR

Step 2: Turn the rest of the car into a shiny gemstone.

It blows my mind how you can spend so much time on drawing the ball of glass yet fail to recognize or correct even the most fundamental errors in perspective and form.

Then maybe for once and for all you could download the pic apply some lines and comments, as to what bothers you, instead of verbal eye rolling that helps noone. At least that is what I am trying to do from time to time with other people`s works. And If you were familiar with car design, you would understand that this car has nothing to do even remotely with Godzilla. If I used any other car as reference point I would state so.

Started this one yesterday. Ford Meridian. decided to post it when barely sketched, hoped to get some feedback how not to ruin once I continue more work on it.

post-28725-1283069580.jpg