Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lokilabs

My Latest Product To Hit The Shelves Or Desks Rather

post-9741-1280860721.jpg

Pretty serious looking piece of hardware. BTW - we just placed an order for around 2 dozen new LX arms for our studio...arms for everyone! ;-)

Guest lokilabs
post-9741-1280860721.jpg

Pretty serious looking piece of hardware. BTW - we just placed an order for around 2 dozen new LX arms for our studio...arms for everyone! ;-)

Thats awesome! You should get some of these bad boys. On a side note....whenever i post someting I very rarely get feedback. Wonder why that is. Oh well! You should also check out or MX wall mount system. Its a beautiful looking piece of equipment...I just got done mounting my 30lb flatscreen too it in my kitchen! Its a tank and it looks good. Hope those LX arms work for you guys!

On a side note....whenever i post someting I very rarely get feedback. Wonder why that is. Oh well! You should also check out or MX wall mount system. Its a beautiful looking piece of equipment...I just got done mounting my 30lb flatscreen too it in my kitchen! Its a tank and it looks good. Hope those LX arms work for you guys!

Eh, the forum ain't what it used to be. People tend to respond more to things that they have a big reaction to. Im sure if you posted sketches of a puppy blender you'd get a lot of responses ;-)

Plus the Ergotron stuff is so highly specialized it'd be hard for anyone out of the field to give any real critical feedback.Most people have a hard time understanding all of those intricacies.

Guest lokilabs
Whats this I hear about a puppy blender lol. Hi lokilabs what does this do exactly and does that table come free with it?

No puppies were hurt in the development of this product! I have to make that clear for the sensitive ones in the audience. Here is a quick link to the website where you can learn all about the product!

http://www.ergotron.com/WorkFit/tabid/640/...US/default.aspx

Oh and sorry no table.

Yes I need to toughen up a bit. Followed your link and I see what its about. Yes very good for the old posture. Stand when you want sit when you want. I have one reservation about it tho (and I don’t mean to annoy you) Why not increase the workspace area and do away with the table all together. The device would then become a stand-alone unit. Maybe I wrong .

Btw killer line “Join the Uprising: Just Stand!”

Guest burnout21

its aimed at comfortable usage of a computer for prolonged time, by allowing the user to adjust from a sitting to a standing position, and yet this idea forgets the fundamental problems associated with prolonged usage.

One, and this is something i still can't understand how and why its still being done. It is far more comfortable to have the screen mounted so that it is tipped backwards, allowing the user to look down onto the screen, this reduces eye strain and neck strain.

secondly the peripherals interface location (Keyboard and mouse) should not be on a floating arm which creates a pressure point on the wrists during usage as this leads to carpal tunnel syndrome, and potentially RSI injuries as the users arms are locked into a set position.

For correct and safe prolonged usage, ample desk space is needed to allow the user to settle there entire forearm upon the surface, allowing the elbow to become the major pressure point.

Now the said design, could be useful to allow access to multiple types of people in a public access centre such as library's and similar public places, as it would allow adjustment in terminal height for tall, short or disabled people using a wheel chair.

Guest Shift1313
its aimed at comfortable usage of a computer for prolonged time, by allowing the user to adjust from a sitting to a standing position, and yet this idea forgets the fundamental problems associated with prolonged usage.

One, and this is something i still can't understand how and why its still being done. It is far more comfortable to have the screen mounted so that it is tipped backwards, allowing the user to look down onto the screen, this reduces eye strain and neck strain.

secondly the peripherals interface location (Keyboard and mouse) should not be on a floating arm which creates a pressure point on the wrists during usage as this leads to carpal tunnel syndrome, and potentially RSI injuries as the users arms are locked into a set position.

For correct and safe prolonged usage, ample desk space is needed to allow the user to settle there entire forearm upon the surface, allowing the elbow to become the major pressure point.

Now the said design, could be useful to allow access to multiple types of people in a public access centre such as library's and similar public places, as it would allow adjustment in terminal height for tall, short or disabled people using a wheel chair.

Very cool designs and nice renders as well. This product would probably kill me though:) I need a lot of desk space to move my keyboard and mouse around(wireless) and adjust my position when needed. I feel like a "station" of sorts severely limits that. Ive been having neck trouble recently and my Dr said you really should be seated for more than 20mins at a time for neck health and that looking down at a tiled up screen is much better for you. Like I said I think the design work is great but in my eyes I wouldnt call that ergo, at least for me. Now one of the guys I work with has his setup in a standing position and he may be interested in something like that. His mouse also only has about 2" of movement!!!! drives me nuts :)